Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mods for the cheap Bast"@8s

• 11-03-2006 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

This is how it is , I am a cheap Bast"@8 And i want your Ideas !! i mean anything !!!

unclsam9ko.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

get some paint from like lidl or aldi and paint "I am a cheap Bast"@8" on the side :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

Hmmm, just how cheap are we talking here? Spray paint isn't to expensive, you dont want to paint your case with anything else :confused: .
    If you have a sharp knife and some masking tape you can make rounded IDE cables.
    Could getting a sleeving kit from Maplin (about 10euro) and sleeve all your cables. Peats have a bunch of cheap crap that would keep you entertained for days :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Yeah ro coould put some stickers on. Racing stripes would make it look so much faster.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

"ehh...There speed holes, They make the Car go faster...."
    "ooh! Spped holes!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

You could change your indicator led's to ones of a different colour or intensity.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

i heard the nos kit will make it almost fly;)

draw all over it ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

anything can be modded on your computer if you have the tools.

What tools do you have available, that you won't need to pay for (i.e. Jigsaw, spray paint, soldering iron, dremel multipro, screwdriver) and what equipment do you have lying around (i.e. perspex, sheet metal, spare fans, wire, insulation tape)?

A good start would be what someone said earlier, split up the IDE cables wth a knife (DONT CUT THROUGH TO THE METAL) then neaten them up by wrapping some tape around them?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 implosive

I have all the usual Drill , jigsaw , soldering iron ..... and so on ,
    but i do not have a dremel multipro !!! nor do any of my friends ,

I have already put LEDs into my fans, havent got any perspex ....

but what about using cd cases instead !!!

like this

wouldnt be very sound proof tho !!!

Have a few fans lying around, and some Crap paint ......

Although i do have a friend who has black (gloss i think ) car paint and and good enuf spray gun !!! mmmmmmmm, Do lidl or aldi sell paint ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

implosive wrote:
    Do lidl or aldi sell paint ?
    Lidl had some big cans of varnish for about €8 last week. How about putting bits of light flat wood into the panelling, wood is cheap-ish (well the amount you'd need could be made up from cut off ends and such), Lidl varnish is cheap. Only problem is you might make your computer look like one of those Morris Minor estates from the 60's, but I often wondered why I hadn't seen a woodgrain case mod yet.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Pound shops have USB LEDs so that means you can run off 5V other electronic stuff could be canabiliseable. And you could do something with the ultraviolet markers that have a an LED in them too a pack of highlighters and a couple of them.

I have a great way to accelerate your pc to 9.81 m/s.s. and possibaly make it a 64 bit machine too. :v: <-- MIA smilie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Linux... How cheap do you want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

leds are cheap + spray paint :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

cheap mod.

1) Remove HD
    2) Drop a cavity block, anvil or other solid hevay blunt object on the case.
    3) Replace HD and enjoy!

also

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭riptide

Use your personal waste to turn it into a hunger striker mod! The fans will come in handy for that! :D:D

rite i have rounded the cables !! turned out good enuf !!
    and i have modded my fans NEXT ...

pound shops have LEDS for sale ?? for a pound ?
    jees id buy them !! any pics

thinkin about putin in a window or sprayiing a design onto it!!

anyone have any good designs i can use!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,240 ✭✭✭Endurance Man

implosive wrote:
    rite i have rounded the cables !! turned out good enuf !!
    and i have modded my fans NEXT ...

pound shops have LEDS for sale ?? for a pound ?
    jees id buy them !! any pics

thinkin about putin in a window or sprayiing a design onto it!!

anyone have any good designs i can use!!

The interent has millions of cool designs....

tribal designs seem to be the whored design of choice for most modders trying to be "different"... because it can be free handed pretty easily.

Just think about what you're interested in and do something themed around that, remember you're the one thats going to have to look at it for the majority. So you'd want to like it.

What are you going to cut the window with btw?

dunno what ill use ! mabey a drill and hacksaw , or an angle grinder LOL , i can see this goin very wrong !! kno any sites which has design print outs ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

implosive wrote:
    dunno what ill use ! mabey a drill and hacksaw , or an angle grinder LOL , i can see this goin very wrong !! kno any sites which has design print outs ??

Tried the angle grinder it doesnt work, dremel is the only tool for the job

well i dont have a dremel , but i do have some realy old cases to test on !!
    thinkin about sprayin some grafix on the side any one kno sum gud sites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Yea just cut a stencil out of cardboard then spray away.

If you link a graphic you'd like to spray on thats a little complicated, i'll vector it so that you can cut it out as a stencil and just spray it on.

Advertisement