Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Projector Wiring

Options
  • 11-03-2006 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Hey guess what, like, it seems everybody else on the site, I am just about to start my timber frame house. I am considering wiring at the moment, and I want to know what wiring do I put in for a projector. Is it a scart or RGB leads. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭Macker1

Pataman wrote:
    Hey guess what, like, it seems everybody else on the site, I am just about to start my timber frame house. I am considering wiring at the moment, and I want to know what wiring do I put in for a projector. Is it a scart or RGB leads. Thanks

Depends on the type of projector being used.

Most common connection is component ( Red,Green,Blue ) , other types are scart & DVI / HDMI.

I myself have a Panasonic AE300 and I have both component & scart. Both cables are 10 mtrs long and run under the floorboards upstairs

See attached pictue..............

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

Thanks for the info. The problem is also i havent a clue which type to go for. It will be in a dark room about 16ft long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

I had the same dilemma and ran several co-ax only. Should have run 21-pin scart too (sorted it later by putting it behind the skirting board).

Suggest you set up some sort of trunking so that you can run different cables later - chances are you'll change the projector in the future.
    Don't forget to put an electricity socket in the ceiling near where you're going to mount the projector. Consider putting some sort of wooden fixing that will allow you to change the whole projector mounting without having to rip apart the plasterboard later.

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭beolight

better to start with the projector you are going to buy and then to mirror the connection on the back of it

my projector benq 6610 has vga, s video, and composite connections

my dvd player has component and scart so i got vga cable to component for dvd player and s video to hook up my sky plus, i then ran a composite cable but this was a waste really as picture quality very poor with composite

my tv allows me to have sound and no picture when using projector

i also ran a hdmi cable for future proofing, you can get adapters to convert hdmi to dvi, the dvi cable was too expensive

scart cables are pretty ancient now and way too bulky to try an route to pj

Advertisement