Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bravo Exhaust

Options
  • 11-03-2006 2:55pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭

stupid question, as I can't find the Haynes manual

How difficult would it be to swap the exhaust from a 1.2 to a 1.4 ( 1998-1996 cars.) without being able to raise the car and without access to special tools ?
    If it's a big messy job where it's difficult to fit/align it then I ain't gonna try.

The exhaust pipe has gone where it goes into the silencer, would I be right in saying that quickfit & co would not be able to weld/repair without replacing parts and that they wouldn't be too trilled to pop one I brought along ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,455 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

as far as i remember, 1.2 and 1.4 exhausts are quite different

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭gibbon75

And you most likely need a welding torch to heat up rusted bolts,muffler and pipe joinings etc.It is a pain in the ars job without raising the car.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Thanks
    Looks
    like it's going for a trip to the horse doctor then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

fastfit on/near sundrive road offered to fit parts that I brought along, however this was because they could not obtain those parts themselves. Their markup on parts is pretty high, but see what the quote is like anyway. Exhausts are not difficult to work with, if you are working with standard ones. You don't need a welding torch to remove the clamps, screwdriver, wd40, and a hammer. Thing is to remember to buy new clamps for fitting the new exhaust.

Advertisement