Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SG1 : 9x20 : Camelot [Spoilers]

• 11-03-2006 3:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭

What a cliffhanger they left it on :eek:
    Dont see how gonna get outta this one as Daniel aint even back at that village lookin.
    Same gonna be left driftin out in space :(
    Russians gonna say bye bye till new ship already???
    Valla gonna get off her ass & do anything???

ARgh, when we gotta wait till :mad:

What think of the latest SG1?? 44 votes

OMG OMG OMG
    0% 0 votes
    Good
    36% 16 votes
    Average
    38% 17 votes
    Bad
    20% 9 votes
    Had better things coulda been doing!!! (anyone votes this they mad)
    4% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Obo

Nice battle!
    Question is which 304 was destroyed? Probably the US one, as there were no SG-1 members aboard. Unless it was the Russian one and they somehow got out at the last second, for the second time in one season. :rolleyes:

Looks like it could be a good set up for a good Season 10 (which is what this entire season has felt like), if they don't hit the magic reset button that is.

So, season 10 will be the search for the Holy Grail? Wonder if there will be Knights of Ni! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i dont know i just dont know i voted good cause it was good but nowhere neer as good as the final gou`auld battle.

ok so the deal is what like i dont get it em what? huh?
    ok i dont know where to begin
    what?
    *sigh*

i found it hard to keep track of things. There where SG1 Crew on the russian ship and no sg crew on the deadalus one of them was destroyed i didnt see any names on the ships so i dont know which 1 but danial; didnt go for a 303 so he was on the russian ship and telc was on a alashian alliance ship. we can assume telc is allive
    where was bratec?
    why no tokya involvement in the battle?
    why only 1 asgaurd ship?
    why not ram the gate?

when sam was stuck there i had a feeling that sg1 would copy bsg and go for a great battle scene viewed from one person in a space suit glad they didnt do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Daniel might ascend again or sumfin. Cameron mighta got out in a ship. Arthur will come up with his intergalactic knights of the round table ridin on space horses & do sumfin like the Summon in FF7 :D & all will be saved. Also lucian alliance might be wiped out.... they bound to have had more than 3 ships, only seen 3 appear late there :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Berns wrote:
    Daniel might ascend again or sumfin. Cameron mighta got out in a ship. Arthur will come up with his intergalactic knights of the round table ridin on space horses & do sumfin like the Summon in FF7 :D & all will be saved. Also lucian alliance might be wiped out.... they bound to have had more than 3 ships, only seen 3 appear late there :confused:

Yes, Mitchell can finish them off with his Omnislash.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 804 ✭✭✭TimTim

What a pile of ****e. That was a big letdown for a season ending.

There should of been a million more ships then that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭mcgarnicle

What a stinker. So the ori ships are really powerfull. at least we now know what the last episode of season ten will be (sg-1 finding merlin's anti-ori wepon.) this episode was a let down, i was expecting a massive space batte, not a hand full of ships getting blown to bits by 4 ori things. even worse is that the scale of the whole thing seems to have been tossed aside, i am almost positive that the daedalus class ships are meant to be pretty small, how come they were suddenly as big as gould and asguard ships. also how come the satelite that was meant to be made of rubbish ori tech could cut through asguard shields in one go but now the proper ori ships cant and the odyseey and kiroshev seemed to be able to take multiple hits. i dont know, dont want to be a pedant but it just seems like the make it up as they go along and dont seem to care at all for contunuity. its all starting to smell very much like enterprise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Didn't think it was a complete stinker but close. Yet again we see the inability of the writers to write a single story without it meandering all over the shop. The Xena/LOTR(John Noble being maudlin again :rolleyes: )/Camelot thing was absolute nonsense and as for the Teal'c - sigh. TBH I couldn't really care what happens fron now on. I thought the last segment excluding Sam and Vala wasn't too bad. All round it doesn't bode well for another season.:(

Or maybe season 10 can do a Bobby Ewing.:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Bobby *chuckle*
    Thought it was a good ep but had a weird sorta feel to it like it really wasnt happening. The asgard ship got its as kicked too:eek:
    Come on where were the fire and forget nukes:D - sorry im lazy!
    Great Cliffhanger with Vala at the end

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

sg-1 finding merlin's anti-ori wepon
    but isnt that only gonna be good vs the ori themselves and not the ships so they'd need to find a way to get these ships? Those ori ships only have the one big weapon which i guess is fine vs big slow ships but vs fighters its going to be useless.
    Atlantis link, possible spoiler?
    Maybe the wraith will show up and save the day?
    Ah we'll see.

ye possible because they are very advanced ships are huge and mabe the Orion will join the fight in season 10 or mabe the deadalus with a zpm powerd shields

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

is_that_so wrote:
    Or maybe season 10 can do a Bobby Ewing.:p
    I have a better idea..... lets get Carter waking up to find O'Neill in the shower and pretend season 9 never happened? :)

I have to say I really liked the ending, though.... My guess is that the Asgard rescued key people at the last second with a good old (cop-out) beam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I don't think there should be a link between Atlantis and SG1, as Atlantis is good on it's own and really shouldn't be coming to the rescue of SG1's bad writing. Having said that, Atlanits did end on a coming back to this galaxy note, so there may well be a link up, though I hope not.

This episode was about as much as could be expected from a very week SG1 series, it was average. A fair cliffhanger at the end, though I guess they were never going to finish off the Ori in just one series, where would they go in season 10?

Lack of continuity, as mentioned already, was a bit crap. Only one Asgard ship turned up! What's that all about? If the Ori are going to destroy all unbelievers, why haven't they invaded the Pegasus galaxy yet, it's full on people who've never even heard of them? Etc, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

mcgarnicle wrote:
    What a stinker. So the ori ships are really powerfull. at least we now know what the last episode of season ten will be (sg-1 finding merlin's anti-ori wepon.) this episode was a let down, i was expecting a massive space batte, not a hand full of ships getting blown to bits by 4 ori things. even worse is that the scale of the whole thing seems to have been tossed aside, i am almost positive that the daedalus class ships are meant to be pretty small, how come they were suddenly as big as gould and asguard ships. also how come the satelite that was meant to be made of rubbish ori tech could cut through asguard shields in one go but now the proper ori ships cant and the odyseey and kiroshev seemed to be able to take multiple hits. i dont know, dont want to be a pedant but it just seems like the make it up as they go along and dont seem to care at all for contunuity. its all starting to smell very much like enterprise

Anyone also notice that the pieces of the supergate are also out of proportion? each piece meant to be about the size of a stargate but when sam beams onto one of them they look far too large to fit through a normal stargate.....

Yep I noticed that, the scale of that entire sequence was just totally off. Those Ori ships looked ridiculous coming through the gate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

Infini wrote:
    Anyone also notice that the pieces of the supergate are also out of proportion? each piece meant to be about the size of a stargate but when sam beams onto one of them they look far too large to fit through a normal stargate.....
    Maybe the bits that came through the ickle gate were pieces of the pieces...

But anyways.. I loved that episode. Story wasn't that original but it had a good (really kinda weird/dramatic) feel to it. Especially in that last battle.... every race in the galaxy r teh pwnz0red... against only 3 ships... :eek: The look on Sam's face when the gate opened in front of her and when she saw the Ori asswhooping everything that went near them...

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Watch the finale of season 6 and that back-to-back, and you'll see how drastically SG1 has gone downhill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,996 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Can't say I was too impressed with that now...

Reminded me a bit of when the Dominion forces first came through the wormhole in DS9.. except that was MUCH better done - even though there wasn't a big battle till the end of the next season!

Tonights SG1 just seemed to be all over the place and wasted too much time on Camelot at the start. Very rushed then at the end ::(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Those ori ships sure do look like the uber advanced harbor ship from homeworld 1/2 .

Stargate sg1 is really getting "meh" what with the stories getting weirder and more nonsence by the week Anyway what will happen next year is the ori will be defeated by a uber weapion that the anicents once again left lieing around some planet that some other race already owns/wants/is fighting over and all will be fine again apart from the asguard who will once again have some problem that will prevent them from helping out.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

It was okay. One of the big problems with the season was that the first say five episodes, and the last two, seem a bit set aside from the others in terms of the Ori plot. We're suddenly back to the original Ori storyline and not bothered with the Ori plague, which was just filler. *Shrug*.

I think this was ruined by too many flaws. The 304 being ready rather ridiculously quickly for example and the Asgard not proferring an explanation for not helping them. Or no word why the Tok'ra aren't helping defeat a threat that's to their own galaxy.

There was also, as others have said, no real sense of a big battle. It's perhaps a budget issue but then SciFi's BSG doesn't have the same problem. 3 or 4 ships do not a galaxy invasion force make (yeah more may have been behind but show it to us!). The cliffhanger was decent enough but we all know they'll find the medallion and stop the Big Bads. It'd be far more courageous if S10 had them in an ongoing running battle against the Ori who were decimating the galaxy but that ain't gonna happen.

Oh well, it wasn't the worst finale (that's S2 folks) but coulda been a lot better when next to previous seasons. I'm not as pessimistic as some of ye about the future but it doesn't quite hold the same sense of enjoyment and anticipation that it once did...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

User45701 wrote:
    no sg crew on the deadalus
    Odyssey.
    User45701 wrote:
    one of them was destroyed i didnt see any names on the ships so i dont know which 1
    We're not supposed to know yet. But it was the Odyssey that had none of Sg-1 on it so it would make sense.
    User45701 wrote:
    where was bratec?
    He didn't need to be there.
    User45701 wrote:
    why no tokya involvement in the battle?
    The Tok'Ra were there, in Ha'Taks.
    User45701 wrote:
    why only 1 asgaurd ship?
    It was a science vessel sent to bring information.
    User45701 wrote:
    why not ram the gate?
    If shooting it didn't work why would ramming it?
    mcgarnicle wrote:
    i am almost positive that the daedalus class ships are meant to be pretty small,
    No, the sizes were always like this.
    mcgarnicle wrote:
    t just seems like the make it up as they go along and dont seem to care at all for contunuity.
    In fairness, that's not something new to Stargate. You'll find continuity errors throughout the whole show.
    jor el wrote:
    Atlantis is good on it's own and really shouldn't be coming to the rescue of SG1's bad writing.
    Here, Atlantis has been far from great this year.
    jor el wrote:
    why haven't they invaded the Pegasus galaxy
    The existance of the Pegasus galaxy is clearly still being hidden from them by the Ancients.
    infini wrote:
    The Stargate is two stories tall, the shot with Sam was not larger then two stories.
    Ixoy wrote:
    It'd be far more courageous if S10 had them in an ongoing running battle against the Ori who were decimating the galaxy but that ain't gonna happen.
    That'd be brilliant but budget consuming.
    I'd say S10 will see Sg-1 treking all over the galaxy in search of Merlins weapon, akin to the Atlantis search for a ZPM.

The episode was good and the battle at the end was one of the best that Sg-1 has done. The only drawback of the episode would be the time spent (wasted) at Camelot, but considering how that ended, it's safe to assume that it was largely a set up of things to come.

• Advertisement

Eh, no they weren't
    In fairness, that's not something new to Stargate. You'll find continuity errors throughout the whole show.

Like when?
    The Stargate is two stories tall, the shot with Sam was not larger then two stories.

You couldn't see the top of the segment Sam was standing on. Or the bottom for that matter. It was pretty clear it was too big to fit through a stargate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

The existance of the Pegasus galaxy is clearly still being hidden from them by the Ancients.

I thought the Ori were ancients who decided to take a different path. To that end wouldnt they have been in the Pegasus galaxy already as well?
    Did i add 2+2 and get 5 or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Rather the ancients were Ori that decided to take a different path.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

So that doesnt explain why there was only 1 ship surely the asguard could of send even a few warships to bring the information

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

That'd be brilliant but budget consuming.

battlestar galactica. copy + paste = happy peter

The best Last episode of season was
    season 6 Full Circle

I dont know which 1 was worst ixoy is right tho season 2 wasent the greatest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Its pretty obvious that they are dead. Sure why else would they mention that merlin et al were time travellers? So they could kill everyone and then go back in time for a last minute cops out, i mean save.

mcgarnicle wrote:
    Eh, no they weren't
    Yes, Deadalus ships have always been big, and it's possible you saw a bogy angle.
    mcgarnicle wrote:
    Like when?
    Like when? There are hundreds throughout the show from as early as S1. Definatly more than I know of anyway.
    mcgarnicle wrote:
    You couldn't see the top of the segment Sam was standing on. Or the bottom for that matter. It was pretty clear it was too big to fit through a stargate.
    No it wasn't. Sam took up the vast majority of tha shot, and she certainly isn't two stories tall.

As for the Ori V. Pegasus thing, it was explained at the start that the reason the Ori weren't aware of the existance of the Milky Way because the good ancients were shielding it's existance from them. (keep in mind the Ori ascended in their own galaxy) So it would make sense that the ancients are shielding the existance of the Pegasus, Asgaurd and whatever other galaxies are out there.

Bizmark, it does explain it, they sent a group of scientists to give some info on how to stop the Ori from even getting to our galaxy, not a fleet to defend against an invasion.

'Full Circle' was not the best finale...'Exodus' was.
    And S2 wasn't the worst finale, S8 was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Are you trying to say that a race that evolved/developed to the point of being able to evolve to a non-corporeal state wouldnt be aware of other galaxies through conventional means? :S

• Advertisement

Yes, Deadalus ships have always been big, and it's possible you saw a bogy angle.

No they haven't. They have always been just a little bigger than Prometheus. They are, after all, just meant to be a further developed and mass produceable version of the Prometheus. Just watch episode 9 - 16 for a pretty definitive view of the Daedalus compared to a Hatak, pretty obvious it is much smaller.
    Like when? There are hundreds throughout the show from as early as S1. Definatly more than I know of anyway.

Name three
    No it wasn't. Sam took up the vast majority of tha shot, and she certainly isn't two stories tall.

I just rewatched that scene and you should too. Look at the part when Sam beams onto the thing, it gives a wide view to show just how big it is and still doesn't show the whole segment she is on, then tell me that is only two stories..... It is two stories if Sam is about 5 inches, that thing looks about 100 feet in that shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Reasonably good season finale - it took a little while to get going. The first 20 minutes (Approx.) were not very entertaining, however the rest was good.

As has been mentioned before I didn't realise that the Ori ships were going to be that big. :eek:

Does anyone know which earth ship was blown up at the end?? Was it the Odessy or was it the Russian ship?

I also thought that Daniel seemed to be more in control of the actions of SG-1, like as if he was leader of the team, than Mitchell - is this a sign of things to come. :confused:

An 8 out of 10 in my opinion as a season finale. I suppose none will ever match up to the season finale of season 7, but this was still enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

It was the first full episode I watched all season, I just didn't have the time during the year to watch it and I'm glad about that if the whole season was as bad as that episode. The battle at the end wasn't too bad but overall a very poor episode, especially for a series finale.

Ivan wrote:
    Are you trying to say that a race that evolved/developed to the point of being able to evolve to a non-corporeal state wouldnt be aware of other galaxies through conventional means?
    Hey, I didn't think up that explanaition, the Stargate writeres did.
    mcgarnicle wrote:
    No they haven't. They have always been just a little bigger than Prometheus. They are, after all, just meant to be a further developed and mass produceable version of the Prometheus. Just watch episode 9 - 16 for a pretty definitive view of the Daedalus compared to a Hatak, pretty obvious it is much smaller.
    Episode 16 is the first time we see it with a Ha'Tak.
    But just for calrification, what exactly is your grievance again?
    Are you saying that in this episode they have become the same size as a Ha'Tak?
    mcgarnicle wrote:
    Name three
    Okey dokey...In S3's '100 days', Teal'c volunteers to save the stranded O'Neill by shooting the harpoon with a rope through the gate. But in SGA's '38 minutes', they state that nothing will re-materialize on the other side of the wormhole untill the whole object has entered it.
    In 'Before I Sleep', the Jumper that Sheppard escapes in get's a pounding from two Wraith Darts. In 'The Brotherhood', a jumper gets hit by one shot from a Dart and is blown to pieces.
    In S1 'Solitudes' Carter constantly tries to dial Earth even thought that DHD would have had the Earth Symbol on it for its point of Origin.
    That last one was as early as S1...inconsistancies are nothign new.

mcgarnicle wrote:
    I just rewatched that scene and you should too.
    I don't have the show to re-watch it but I'll keep an eye out the next time it's on.

The Tok'Ra were there, in Ha'Taks.

How did they get them?
    when did we ever see tokra in control of there own hataks?

When was This said?
    If shooting it didn't work why would ramming it?

To ram something at speed causes allot more damage than shooting it in almost all sci shows

No They wernt

Why? if i accended i would introduce the wraith to the orai after the wraith annilated my empire and my race
    The episode was good and the battle at the end was one of the best that Sg-1 has done. The only drawback of the episode would be the time spent (wasted) at Camelot, but considering how that ended, it's safe to assume that it was largely a set up of things to come.

Sg1 has had bteer battles i didnt tink it was amazing ive seen far better battles like in BSG or The replicator/jafa/gouald battle in Sg1 season 8
    what about the battle in full circle ? what episode is amazing

The Size of the ships has changed

Exodus was great actually i stil lremember seing it for the 1st time
    still tho im sticking with full circle

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Funny, I thought Exodus was a steaming heap of shít, that had yet another waaay-too-easy escape by Tanith and a completely ridiculous ending.

Oh, but it had lots of soul-less action scenes. Hurrah!

If it wasn't for the clips I would have liked S2's finale. S8's was just plain stupid.

• Advertisement

Episode 16 is the first time we see it with a Ha'Tak.
    But just for calrification, what exactly is your grievance again?
    Are you saying that in this episode they have become the same size as a Ha'Tak?

Yes it was the first time and four episodes later the ship is far bigger. Not only that but the Prometheus was shown to be very small compared to a Hatak on more than one occasion and the daedalus class is just a modified prometheus.

If you watch the episode you will see that they have become not only the same size as a Hatak, but bigger.
    Okey dokey...In S3's '100 days', Teal'c volunteers to save the stranded O'Neill by shooting the harpoon with a rope through the gate. But in SGA's '38 minutes', they state that nothing will re-materialize on the other side of the wormhole untill the whole object has entered it.

Fair enough. But comparing two incidents that are about 5 years apart and in two different shows is not really the same as an inconsistency in a particular show in a particular season.
    In 'Before I Sleep', the Jumper that Sheppard escapes in get's a pounding from two Wraith Darts. In 'The Brotherhood', a jumper gets hit by one shot from a Dart and is blown to pieces.

That's not SG-1 though is it. Anyway puddle jumpers have no shields and it could be argued that the effects of shots on them would be different depending on the area hit. I can't remember either incident very clearly but I think the pj in "Before I Sleep" was hit from behind and on top whereas the pj in "The Brotherhood" got hit head on.
    In S1 'Solitudes' Carter constantly tries to dial Earth even thought that DHD would have had the Earth Symbol on it for its point of Origin.
    That last one was as early as S1...inconsistancies are nothign new.

Had it been established at that point that every dhd was unique? I don't think so. I think the incositencies in a show's first season can largely be ignored as the plot and details of the show are still being formed. That could probably be applied to your Atlantis example too.

None of these examples are the same as what has happened in SG-1 this season, it's not as if we are just seeing one inconsitency, there are several in this episode and it is not some obscure factoid that was vaguely mentioned in an episode years ago. They are blatantly obvious things that were in episodes as recent as 4 weeks ago.

Do you have any examples of this, from a specific season from this particular show?? ie. not something from S3 of SG-1 that was incosistent from S-1 of SGA etc. Something from one plot that later contradicted that same plot.
    I don't have the show to re-watch it but I'll keep an eye out the next time it's on.

Ok, well when you do you will see it is about 100 times the size of a stargate and that is a conservative estimate.

I watched it again and I disagree with the ship scale problem.

The ship was the same size as it was in episode 16 when it stood off against Ba'al and the Lucian Alliance Ha'taks. Yes it is signifigantly larger than Prometheus.
    It was the same size as the black part that encompasses the Ha'tak, length-wise, from the back to the nose point, but not as tall as the pyramid and only the tail end was as wide as the back piece, because of the engines no doubht.
    I can only assume you saw it at a different angle, a few of which I saw myself so to quote Fr.Ted, and this isn't a stab at you;..'small.....far-away'.

As for the super-gate thing, (I only got the last 10 minutes on my tape) it is possible that there was an inconsistancy there but the fact that you said 'it could be argued that...' means you;re agreeing with me.
    There have been countless inconsistancies throughout Stagate.

I watched it again and I disagree with the ship scale problem.

The ship was the same size as it was in episode 16 when it stood off against Ba'al and the Lucian Alliance Ha'taks. Yes it is signifigantly larger than Prometheus.

No it was smaller in that episode. It is only supposed to be slightly bigger than a prometheus, just meant to be a production model prometheus after all.
    It was the same size as the black part that encompasses the Ha'tak, length-wise, from the back to the nose point, but not as tall as the pyramid and only the tail end was as wide as the back piece, because of the engines no doubht.

Yes that's what I am saying, it is meant to be far smaller than that.
    I can only assume you saw it at a different angle, a few of which I saw myself so to quote Fr.Ted, and this isn't a stab at you;..'small.....far-away'.

Very funny except you're wrong. In one shot the daedalus was between two hataks, so perspective deffinately should have made the daedalus appear smaller than the hatak closest to the camera, it didn't. This was not about perspective, the daedalus ships were bigger, if you have watched the scene again it is pretty obvious that the odyssey and kiroshev are bigger than the hataks.
    As for the super-gate thing, (I only got the last 10 minutes on my tape) it is possible that there was an inconsistancy there but the fact that you said 'it could be argued that...' means you;re agreeing with me.
    There have been countless inconsistancies throughout Stagate.

Me saying that it can be argued that the effects of firing on a puddle jumper can vary depending on what part of the hull is hit proves I agree with you? How is that exactly? Let me be clear, I don't agree with you, about the ships, the gate or your examples of previous incosistencies. You are just blatantly wrong, especially about the super gate. I will ask again, do you have any inconsitencies relevent to a particular plot from a particular season, not some technobable that changed over 5 years.

Was noone screaming "close the iris, close the iris" when they opened the big n hoinkin gate? I mean it wouldn't have taken much to wipe out the incoming fleet with an ole force field ala Atlantis iris....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

Was there even an iris on the supergate??

If the Ori had built the supergate and earth, Jaffa etc. had only found it in the last episode, then how the hell would there have been an iris on it.

• Advertisement

Kojak wrote:
    Was there even an iris on the supergate??

If the Ori had built the supergate and earth, Jaffa etc. had only found it in the last episode, then how the hell would there have been an iris on it.

I'm not saying there was, I'm saying they should have stuck one on....Remodulate the shields Jordy.... Increase power etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭s10

I thought the supergate portion would have fittin width wise into a stargate ( the ole dog stick and doorway ) heightwise it was bigger than a house, bigger than 2 houses maybe , gonna have to watch it again tonight now.
    And they have left themselves a few outs , as no asguard ship was blown up in the camera ( did u see the asguard ship didnt even fire a shot, it was doing something though) any ideas???

s10 wrote:
    I thought the supergate portion would have fittin width wise into a stargate ( the ole dog stick and doorway ) heightwise it was bigger than a house, bigger than 2 houses maybe , gonna have to watch it again tonight now.
    And they have left themselves a few outs , as no asguard ship was blown up in the camera ( did u see the asguard ship didnt even fire a shot, it was doing something though) any ideas???

Could have sworn I saw it firing.

mcgarnicle wrote:
    No it was smaller in that episode. It is only supposed to be slightly bigger than a prometheus, just meant to be a production model prometheus after all.
    Yes that's what I am saying, it is meant to be far smaller than that.
    I haven't watched the battle religiously but when I get time I'll watch it again and keep an eye out for that scene with the two Ha'Taks.
    I think I can remember it though, and if it is the scene that I'm thinking off than I would be certain that it is simply a perspective thing.

I mean, that Ha'tak closer to the camera took up alot of the screen.
    But, for example, when the Lucian Alliance Ha'taks arrived, three of them fit onto the screen...you see where I stand on the matter.
    How is that exactly?
    Ok, I'll try to explain this better, the fact that somethign happened out of place, an inconsistancy for example, and you are trying to create an explanation for it.
    Like I said, they happen all the time and each thing that happens, could be explained, as elaboratly as you have done...but they're not.

Like, I (or the writers, or any other SG fan for that matter) could easily tell you that the reason the Odyssey looked bigger than the Ha'Taks could simply be down to the Odyssey being seperate to the rest of the Deadalus line. Maybe it was taken in for upgrades after 'Off the Grid', which made it bigger.
    Or...maybe there are different classes of Ha'taks...some big, some small.

Perhaps the Supergate was bigger because more pieces came through the regular gate that constructed something far bigger than the unfinished gate we saw in 'Beachead'.
    do you have any inconsitencies relevent to a particular plot from a particular season, not some technobable that changed over 5 years.
    As for this...the time between the flaws, or the distance for that matter, (Milky Way to Pegasus) doesn't justify them.
    Here's one for ya...we've all seen what an Alkesh can do, and what it can stand up to. Though in S4's 'Exodus', we see a Ha'tak get the **** kicked out of it...by an Alkesh. This same Alkesh survived a hit from the Ha'tak. Though we've seen aother Alkesh go down from less than that.

I haven't watched the battle religiously but when I get time I'll watch it again and keep an eye out for that scene with the two Ha'Taks.
    I think I can remember it though, and if it is the scene that I'm thinking off than I would be certain that it is simply a perspective thing.

I mean, that Ha'tak closer to the camera took up alot of the screen.
    But, for example, when the Lucian Alliance Ha'taks arrived, three of them fit onto the screen...you see where I stand on the matter.

No it could not possibly be perspective. There was a hatak close to the camara, the daedalus was further back and still looked bigger than the hatak.
    Ok, I'll try to explain this better, the fact that somethign happened out of place, an inconsistancy for example, and you are trying to create an explanation for it.
    Like I said, they happen all the time and each thing that happens, could be explained, as elaboratly as you have done...but they're not.

Like, I (or the writers, or any other SG fan for that matter) could easily tell you that the reason the Odyssey looked bigger than the Ha'Taks could simply be down to the Odyssey being seperate to the rest of the Deadalus line. Maybe it was taken in for upgrades after 'Off the Grid', which made it bigger.
    Or...maybe there are different classes of Ha'taks...some big, some small.

That's a stupid explanation though, what I said is relevent since most planes, ships etc have different stong/weak points. Ships don't just change size.
    Perhaps the Supergate was bigger because more pieces came through the regular gate that constructed something far bigger than the unfinished gate we saw in 'Beachead'.

Possible, that is what I thought when I saw it first, but the gate was made for Ori warships which could just about fit through the gate in Camelot. Makes me think that the gate in Beachhead would be made for the same ships. Also the gate in Beachhead seemed to be the same size as that in Camelot.
    As for this...the time between the flaws, or the distance for that matter, (Milky Way to Pegasus) doesn't justify them.

I think it does. Or at least it makes them far less obvious, annoying and basically plot ruining. You can't show a ship with certain shields get blasted by a weapon and then show the same shields fair up far better to a better version of that weapon just a few weeks later, let's not forget that the Ori tech in the satellite was said by Carter to be pretty crappy. Now if those shields are able to take more punishment after say 5 years and all the finding of technology that has gone on in those 5 years, well that makes a big difference.
    Here's one for ya...we've all seen what an Alkesh can do, and what it can stand up to. Though in S4's 'Exodus', we see a Ha'tak get the **** kicked out of it...by an Alkesh. This same Alkesh survived a hit from the Ha'tak. Though we've seen aother Alkesh go down from less than that.

In others words no, you have no examples of one inconsitency emerging in one particular plot in one particular season, let alone several as happened here.

The whole space fight sequence at the end of that episode just seemed off, it was lazy and the mistakes were pretty clear. I don't usually give a toss about quibles like where a ship gets hit or how big it is, but when they change it from one episode to the next it sort of ruins the whole illusion.

mcgarnicle wrote:
    No it could not possibly be perspective. There was a hatak close to the camara, the daedalus was further back and still looked bigger than the hatak.
    Yes it could. If I'm right, and the people who make these scenes didn't forget how to do their jobs, then perspective is the only explanation.
    Or if you want, you could go with one of the other explanations I gave.
    mcgarnicle wrote:
    That's a stupid explanation though, what I said is relevent since most planes, ships etc have different stong/weak points. Ships don't just change size.
    So my wild card explanations are stupid but yours are valid?
    mcgarnicle wrote:
    Possible, that is what I thought when I saw it first, but the gate was made for Ori warships which could just about fit through the gate in Camelot. Makes me think that the gate in Beachhead would be made for the same ships. Also the gate in Beachhead seemed to be the same size as that in Camelot.
    It would have been, but I'm saying there were still more pieces to come through before Vala destroyed it.
    mcgarnicle wrote:
    I think it does. Or at least it makes them far less obvious, annoying and basically plot ruining.
    Well then it's just a matter of opinion and does not make my points invalid.
    And if that's your attitude then it's ridiculous that you are trying to justify some and condemn other inconsistancies.
    mcgarnicle wrote:
    You can't show a ship with certain shields get blasted by a weapon and then show the same shields fair up far better to a better version of that weapon just a few weeks later,
    Yes, you're right. It's stupid that they do that.
    But like I said, an Alkesh could take out a Ha'Tak when it suited the script.
    mcgarnicle wrote:
    In others words no, you have no examples of one inconsitency emerging in one particular plot in one particular season, let alone several as happened here.
    Get out of here you cowboy!
    Yes, they are inconsistancies. Whether they are part of the plot or not is irrelevant, and why do you suddenly want inconsistancies relating to the plot?
    Your complaint about the size of ships is hardly plot related.
    And you say there are several here....what are the other ones?
    And there are plenty more inconsistancies to be brought to your attention.
    mcgarnicle wrote:
    The whole space fight sequence at the end of that episode just seemed off, it was lazy and the mistakes were pretty clear.
    I still think you are crazy to believe that was anything short of camera perspective.

ok well someone said the asguard ship didnt fire weapons it did they had no effect

ok neway nets go to scale
    i see orai ships as being roughly 6 times larger than a hatak
    and in the battle scene between the odysey and the 3 lucian alliance hataks there about 6 times the size so that means the orai ships are roughly 12-15 times bigger than the deadaluis class ships

no a wraith hive ship is about 50 times the size of a deadlaus class ship so if those 2 wraith from sga to to sg1 as some ppl think they could probbley give those orai ships a run for there money ye

If Asgaurd weapons had no effect on Ori sheilds, then I don't see Wraith weapons fairing any better. Especially since we already know that the ancients were more advanced then the Wraith.

I see the Atlantis cliffhangar being resolved by
    the Ori ships slaughtering the Wraith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

only after seeing this ep now. not a great finale. home the current seanson 10 isnt muck!
    bizmark wrote:
    Those ori ships sure do look like the uber advanced harbor ship from homeworld 1/2
    i knew they looked familiar!

Advertisement