Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English poets?

Options
  • 11-03-2006 4:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31 shaggy1103

What poets will come up?

Which poet is most likely to be on the paper? 54 votes

Bishop
    0% 0 votes
    Donne
    33% 18 votes
    Eliot
    14% 8 votes
    Hardy
    0% 0 votes
    Hopkins
    12% 7 votes
    Longley
    3% 2 votes
    Plath
    16% 9 votes
    Yeats
    18% 10 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

nooo not another poetry thread... this is bound to end in controversy :D

but just for the sake of it i went for Bishop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

I said Plath for no reason... i'm abit mad really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

Bishop coz I love her! If Yeats comes up Ill cry coz I cant stand him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

Yeats most likely wont come up as he came up last year, twould be great if he did though. Great poetry.

Plath or Bishop will come up, or the feminists of the country will be outisde the Department of Education complaining..

i would love if they had the balls not to put up a female poet. it would throw SO many people.

muahahaha i'd lvoe to hear half the people in my year after the exam.. as theyre basing their poetry studying around Plath & Biushop..

god im cruel, but i think they should. its so predictable.

• Advertisement

Yeah.. we will all be crying.. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

bishop is sooo coming up. i'll be studying her poetry the most. it's a gamble but there's a very good chance she'll come up.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Rob30888

Plath or Bishop definitely and Hardy is pretty much guaranteed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Rockerette: That's exactly why they wouldn't tbh. It'd seriously skew the results. And the Department worships the curve, so it won't happen. Balls doesn't come into it.

Come on Hardy!

although i would love a Plath question...

• Advertisement

Why is Hardy likely to come up?

never come up before...

it's his last year on the course...

Raphael wrote:
    Rockerette: That's exactly why they wouldn't tbh. It'd seriously skew the results. And the Department worships the curve, so it won't happen. Balls doesn't come into it.

yeah i know you're right.
    aah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭Azureus

damn i havent done hardy yet but sounds like hes pretty likely..
    im hoping a plath or longley question comes up!
    im not relying on the one of two women poets theory considering two were on the paper last year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

hardys guaranteed to come up. not on the course again 'til 2011, hasnt come up the past few years...... he's a dead cert in my expert opinion.

bishop is the easiest so i hope she comes up. hate them all though, have they nothing better to be at than writing unryhming poems full of unecessary detail and hyped up, dramatic description?

just think.... if these guys didnt write poetry we wouldnt be doin it. :mad:

smemon wrote:
    just think.... if these guys didnt write poetry we wouldnt be doin it. :mad:

and if no authors wrote books we wouldnt be studying them...
    if no director made films we wouldnt have to study one of them either...

surprisngly smemon, i doubt these poets give a **** about your opinion of them.

why must people moan so much, jaysus christ get over it.
    8 poets. study 5.
    its what, a 50 mark question?
    its not the end of the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭dr.barbie

I quite like poetry in general and the poetry question on the leaving cert-its never too much of a surprise. Its probably my favorite question on paper 2 but some of my friends cant stand it so I guess its another one of those "love it or hate it" things-there seems to be a lot of them on the L.C!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Rockerette: Gorramit girl! I was hoping that if we ignored him he'd go away!

=p

Raphael wrote:
    Rockerette: Gorramit girl! I was hoping that if we ignored him he'd go away!

=p

sorry, im hormonal and felt like getting angry ;)

as im sure many of you know, i really like poetry. and as dr. barbie said, the question are so predictable...
    so yeah...

happy tuesday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

I think Bishop is pretty much a given and Longley will probably come up too.
    I doubt Eliot will come up which is such a shame because he's my favourite and I can write the best about him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

I haven't a clue who's coming up. I'm going to be prepared for the 6 poets that we've covered though, I'm not that pushed about which one of them comes up. Though Hopkins would be nice, he's quite intriguing.

Advertisement