Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joomla / Mambo for Corporate Site

• 11-03-2006 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm considering to go with Joomla or Mambo for few website which I maintain, has anyone here done corporate site with these CMS? I'm not really a webmaster after so many years, this is only a spare time thing, I'm basically a full time calculator puncher. :D

Few works that I did were only installing things, put some ready made templates and reorganise the contents, graphics, etc. Worst of all I'm not an art person, designing own templates is a hell of work, blame my bad tastes and non-skilled brain. Choosing templates itself is a thing I hate, I might like it this day, tomorrow I keep changing, changing and so on.

Share some thoughts and tips, please :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

"corporate site" = WWW or intranet?
    Is there a corp. site at the moment; and if so, what level of visitors does it draw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

sorry if i misuse the term, it's a business website. small company doing loads of consultancy and project mgt jobs. next few months gonna venture into shipping and forwarding too. later next year, tankers business but that's another story. as for traffic, not much like 30 - 50 visitors a day.

the reason i wanna use CMS is so that i can easily update the contents whenever i get the calls from company. which useful especially if i am at work, not at home. my big problem is to choose a good template, not too bling-bling or too simple. damn, i'm so cannot make good choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

You should use Joomla. The template is the hardest thing. You could just customise the one (solarflare II) that comes with it but you need to mess around with CSS for that. Alternatively you could pay someone here to just create the template for you. Don't know how much it would cost you.

Advertisement