Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone help Leaving Cert Student with grammer?

• 11-03-2006 5:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

Hey there, if anyone could help me with the grammer I've written in this piece I'd be very grateful. I need it for my ORAL exam. If you could spot any mistakes in grammer any chance you could edit it could edit my piece and repost it???

Go raibh mile maith agaibh go léir.

Inis dom faoin leabhar deireanach a léigh tú?

Léigh mé leabhar greannmhar go deireanach, darbh ainm “The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time” le Mark Haddon. Is scéal gealgaireach é seo faoi buachaill óg, Christopher Boone, atá Asperger’s Syndrome aige. Tá a lán fhios aige faoin mata ach beagáin faoin cinne daonna. Is aoibhinn leis liostaí (lists), patterns agus fírinne. Is fuath leis na dathanna buí agus donn agus a bheith corraithe (being touched). Ní raibh sé riamh imithe breise ná deireadh na mbóithre ina aonar.
    Ach nuair a fhionnann (discovers) sé amach gurbh maradh (was killed?) madra na comharsana tosaíonn sé amach ar an bealach sceimhle a chasann a domhain iomlán bunoscionn.
    I mo thuairim is leabhar thar barr é agus cé go dealraíonn sé mar sceal leanbaí, d’fhéadfaidís (could) a lán daoine fasta foghlaim ón scéal seo.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 murphykarl

Eh....I'd give it high C or low B. There are a few mistakes in your piece. I suggest you get you teach to look at it and then do it again, when everything is perfect I would then try and make it better, add some thing that makes it unique, your oral examiner will listening to the same stuff all day!! Dont worry too much about spelling its an oral!
    And for extra marks you should bruch up on pronounciation, try and speak like a true Irish speaker, I gaurantee you will do much better if you can put on the accent. Again you teach should help you.

I'm a fluent Irish speaker though admittidely a wee bit rusty. I went to Irsh school all my life and I have worked in the gaeltacht teaching Irish. I hope this is a help. Sorry I didint note all your mistakes but I just had a quick look.

Advertisement