Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

netopia 3347 problem with torrents.

Options
  • 11-03-2006 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

I am using utottent as client but cannot ever get greater than 25 kbs
    for downloading.It tells me that firewall/roter is limiting my download traffic and that I need to open a port.Can someone tell me what to do.Thanks.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

ward2wise wrote:
    for downloading.It tells me that firewall/roter is limiting my download traffic and that I need to open a port.Can someone tell me what to do.Thanks.:(

forward the required ports on the router to the box you using ut0ttent on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 261 ✭✭bishopLEN

ward2wise wrote:

Go into uTorrent options and find the value of the port it uses. Login to you Netopia (in IE http://192.168.1.254) and go to Expert Mode, do a pinhole or NAT port forward. Create two entries, one for UDP and one for TCP using the port value from above. Save the settings restart router as prompted and all should be fine.

uTorrent has a uPnP option as far as I know, so see if uPnP is installed as a network service on your PC.

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ward2wise

Thanks sorted.

Advertisement