Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Creme De La Mer

• 11-03-2006 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭

im thinking of buying this cream?has anyone used it and could recommend it? i hear its only around a hundred euro does anyone know exact prices??thanks a mil

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

Only around a hundred euros? I haven't tried it myself but there are a lot of excellent creams around for a lot less than that, in case you thought that that was the kind of price you should expect to pay. Don't throw your money away on inferior product just because they're well marketed or cost a lot. Always check out reviews and things especially for this amount of money.

Some reviews I found here. Apparently it's similar to Vaseline. Hmm...

Make up alley is great for reviews just to let you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭PrettyInPunk

thats why im askin first!!!!!!thanks..
    what is make up alley btw?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Creme De La Mer is a skincare range set up by a Nasa scientist after he was badly burned. The concentrated skin serum is really good if you get a breakout of dry skin or have a scar or burn. But the creams seem very rich. Too rich for a young persons skin. They are probably best suited to mature skin. There are so many different skincare ranges out there just as good or better for your type of skin.

To be honest I wouldn't go by reviews for skincare as everybody's skin is different, what suits one person with the same skin type might not suit another. Always test before you buy. Just go into Brown Thomas and ask for a sample or go into Boots across the way and buy some plastic pots and go in and ask for a sample. They won't say no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

i have used creme de la mer for about 2 years now and love it! it cost around 145 euro per pot (my husband buys it for me so i dont know the exact cost). i dont by any means use it everyday though as its not good for your skin to use such a rich cream so often. i use simple most days and creme de la mer about twice a week. i find my pot lasts me about 3-4 months. not bad value when you work it out! i find my skin is like silk after using it. its a lovely cream.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I was reading about it and apparently it severely clogs up your pores?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

It really does depend on your skin. One of the girls who works on the counter, her skin looks amazing as does the counter manager. But another girl used it and caused her skin to break out in spots,as it was too rich for her.

No cream is a miracle worker. You got it eat properly, get enough sleep, drink plenty of water, remove your make-up every evening, use sunscreen. And just use a cream that is right for your skin type. The skin is the largest organ in the body and you gotta treat it nicely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

its fantastic - as is the facial scrub well recommended. Your mad to buy it in BT though the prices are crazy - you can get it much cheaper on ebay!! Got my facial scrub there and it was much cheaper and was genuine stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,673 ✭✭✭Miss Fluff

It depends where you live. CDLM is great if you live in extreme climates and are exposed to sun or strong air conditioning on a daily basis. Complete waste of money using it in Ireland, far too rich...

• Registered Users Posts: 25 matiz

I use Creme de la Mer's "Oil Absorbing Lotion" and it's great. I've got quite oily skin and this lotion is much thinner in consistency than the cream.

(It's much cheaper to buy on [url]www.strawberrynet.com):cool:[/url]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Faerie

matiz wrote:
    I use Creme de la Mer's "Oil Absorbing Lotion" and it's great. I've got quite oily skin and this lotion is much thinner in consistency than the cream.

(It's much cheaper to buy on [url]www.strawberrynet.com):cool:[/url]

Just wondering, does it actually work at absorbing oil? I have incredibly oily skin and I've tried millions of so called oil absorbing lotions but the best only last for about 2 hours! It's so annoying because I have to keep blotting my skin and wearing powder (which tends to look heavy).

• Advertisement
Advertisement