Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nissan 200SX models

Options
  • 12-03-2006 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads,

can anyone tell me what is the difference between the following models and if there are any other models I've missed out on:

- 200SX Touring
    - 200SX Coupe
    - 200SX Standard

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Bump!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Hi Lads,

can anyone tell me what is the difference between the following models and if there are any other models I've missed out on:

- 200SX Touring
    - 200SX Coupe
    - 200SX Standard

Thanks.

All models had a 2.0 197bhp turbo engine driven through the rear wheels.

I think the only difference between the models was the spec. I think the Touring had a softer suspension and ride, different alloys, cd autochanger and leather interior. I think the standard model was the only one every offically sold in Ireland.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Not quite Bazz. I looked at a few of these, but didn't buy one.

Firstly a 200SX Coupe is another name for the other 2 cars.

The other 2 are mechanically identical, but the touring has leather, some toys, and a more upmarket trim and finish. Manual Touring models are quite rare. Most were automatics. VRT isn't too bad on them but insurance can be.

They are rwd and quite quick, although a real handful in the wet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

they are not too hard to drive in the wet, no more then a rwd corolla of clica.
    they are very fun to drive though and are nippy enough.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

For someone not used to a powerful rwdset up they are tricky.

Power delivery with the turbo is not "linear" and that quite sudden of torque can quite easily push the car into power oversteer.

It caught me (a rwd RS2000 owner) applying a bit of power exiting a roundabout, but I recovered it :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement