Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wayne Rooney in Training

Options
  • 12-03-2006 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭

Just saw this video of Wayne Rooney in training on PES5 and was wondering, how do you do that drag back move he keeps on doing at the start? Looks cool, but I had never seen it before until this video.

Also, the second half of the video is similar to the Ronaldinho Nike ad that was doing the rounds a couple of months ago. Crazy stuff.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

that is crazy, I'd love to be that good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

It's faked guys.

Watch it carefully and see how it skips slightly, all the guy did was keep repeating (the rewind feature) in training, it may look decent, but all it took was the highest amount of patience I've ever seen. This is most highly apparent in the repeated hitting of the bar, no one could do that, even in PES/WE.

Also to do the drag back, hold R2 (and nothing else) then press the opposite direction to the way your player is facing. It's that simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

/me goes off to play some Pro Evo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

It's a definite fake

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

If you are talking about that add with Brazil vs Portugal and ronaldinho did the "flip-flop", you press black button, 3 times. Only a few players can do it though. Ronaldo, C.Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Ibrahimovich and another Sweedish player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭Sandals

Timans wrote:
    If you are talking about that add with Brazil vs Portugal and ronaldinho did the "flip-flop", you press black button, 3 times. Only a few players can do it though. Ronaldo, C.Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Ibrahimovich and another Sweedish player.

ANy other hints, these are terrific,
    any links to guides also, perhaps on such topics as, free kick taking, dribbling intensity or tactical finesse?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Its not fake just not in one go, he did hit the bar repeatedly, he also took about 4 months of his life away making that.

Fair play decent video.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

seems impressive but get him online and then we'll see whos boss :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Off to play Pro Evo

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭pimpy_c

Have another pretty wicked link here. Cristiano Ronaldo this time.

Class act!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The lad who made that is the most patient guy ever.

Unbelieveably videos though.

I dont get why people are so impressed with these videos, all it takes is time and a shít load of patience to come up with them. :confused:

If any of you have ever seen the Pro Winning Eleven video that was floating around some time ago, now that was stuff to be impressed about, total manual passing and literally tearing teams apart during actual matches.

I'll see if I can dig it out...

Edit: http://www.pes-online.net/Kiwi/ProGamingWE.wmv

Now thats good WE playing. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

That is just sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Serbian wrote:
    Just saw this video of Wayne Rooney in training on PES5 and was wondering, how do you do that drag back move he keeps on doing at the start? Looks cool, but I had never seen it before until this video.

Also, the second half of the video is similar to the Ronaldinho Nike ad that was doing the rounds a couple of months ago. Crazy stuff.

the thing at the beg. just hold R2 and the back button

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

oh and that hitting the cross-bar thing, i think it has to be fake cos there is no way that you can hit the cross bar that many times one after the other on purpose.
    At least thats what i think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mobileplaza

rooney one is class. totally been edited but class non the less

dar83 wrote:
    If any of you have ever seen the Pro Winning Eleven video that was floating around some time ago, now that was stuff to be impressed about, total manual passing and literally tearing teams apart during actual matches.

I'll see if I can dig it out...

Edit: http://www.pes-online.net/Kiwi/ProGamingWE.wmv

Now thats good WE playing. :)

Ummm hes playing the CPU and has the CPU team set with a back 2, the 1st goal there seems to be a CB missing, and the more i watch the more i see he is winning every header, the cpu not tackling its on bloody one star.

Watch it again and look at where defenders are and where they should be.

The game is never that easy.

kdjac

He's a damn good player thats why. You can tear the CPU apart if you use manual passing as well as that.

It's the only kind of passing the CPU cant easily judge, hence the winning headers and CPU looking like a tool on some of the long high balls.
    Plus that was PES4/WE8/WE8LE, you can tell by the animations and passing.

It's clearly not 2* as the CPU is closing down his players in his own half, and that CB in the first goal is there, he just moves towards the right sided attacker and leaves a gap, you can watch him on the radar,he's in position at kick off.

It's all just really good use of manual passing and super-cancel.

Edit: Plus it's a compilation, of course he's only gonna include the times when everything went right and looked good. I wouldn't expect a video full of CPU tackles and interceptions etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

how do ye do the drag back? also how do ye scoop the ball like wayne rooney does onto the crossbar.

how do ye do the drag back? also how do ye scoop the ball like wayne rooney does onto the crossbar.

Let go of the left analog and press R2 and pull away from the ball. Easiest to from tip then work it into diagonal.

Scoop is Down and Up on the 2nd analog.

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement