Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

KT Tunstall Concert

• 12-03-2006 3:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭

Went to a sold out, small venue (I was 10 feet from KT) concert in Indianapolis (Birdie's Nightclub) on Wednesday the 8th of March. Very impressed with her performance. Great band too! She's just hitting it big over here. What's her fan base like in Ireland and the U.K.?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

She's very successful commercially, so consequencially she seems to be getting rather a hard time from a credibility aspect. Although I love her voice, I'm not really the biggest fan of her music. I have heard that she is rather good live before though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭coyote6

Commercial success doesn't always mean you suck, sometimes it means your good.:) From a fresh perspective she doesn't seem to be a manufactured "star". Of course I'm from the land of Brittney Spears etc. etc. We been punished with that ilk for too long.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Apparently when she was signed she had over 100 songs already written

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

Im all for her, but it could see it all going the david grey route (as in mams and grans buying her stuff). at the mo she is reasonable good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭odhran

coyote6 wrote:
    Commercial success doesn't always mean you suck, sometimes it means your good.:)

I wasn't saying that she sucked, I was merely pointing out that certain people do think that way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 303 ✭✭coyote6

I didn't think you thought she sucked. That was just my weak attempt at some sort of pithy comment.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭dearheart

I fail to see how mediocrities like Tunstall get signed. Then again, I sort of do, because people like mediocrities these days. God forbid anybody gets challenged. I nearly went and pissed myself during her Brits performance. They put her on straight after the genius that is Prince, the poor love. Diddums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭blu_sonic

Ah but you were watching the brits thats a showcase for crapola most of the time, shes not that bad but not ground breaking either, i'd call her competent more than mediocre

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭dearheart

blu_sonic wrote:
    Ah but you were watching the brits thats a showcase for crapola most of the time, shes not that bad but not ground breaking either, i'd call her competent more than mediocre

But is that not a reflection of how **** things are, when somebody passes for being 'okay' or 'nice'? How is mere competence a justification? Now I'm not saying I want raving geniuses chopping themselves up onstage & getting Best Band at the Brits, but some edginess would be nice. Plus it's happened before - PJ Harvey up for Best Female Artist and Tricky for Best Male, and that was only 10 years ago. Things have gone to ****. I mean ffs we're living in a world where Craig David passes for 'Urban'.........

Advertisement