Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Azureus Sending mail why?

• 12-03-2006 4:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

Cant think of any other forum to put this in so move me if i'm wrong and apologies in advance.

Since i installed a update a few months ago azureus has been trying to send a mail out on port 25 every so often. I blocked it all the time but it did have an annoying habit of freezing my downloads when it failed to send, to restart them all i had to do was click the hide error message. So one time i let the mail send and strangly enough my usage statistics in azureus reset to zero as if my usage statistics had been sent to someone.
    Have searched online but i can't seem to find anything anywhere just lots of change logs for azureus that make no mention of why my usuage statistics are being mailed. Maybe it is something harmless and i'm being paranoid so if anyone knows why it's sending this mail and coincidently wiping my usage statistcs at the same time please let me know.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jdsiiken

Don’t worry its not mailing your stats; in fact it’s not mailing anything at all. What’s happing is that a peer that you are connecting to is using port 25 to receive data (probably to bypass a firewall at there end). Your firewall just sees an outgoing connection to port 25 and presumes its mail. As for your stats being reset, I don’t know, but I’m sure it’s unrelated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

I posted a thread a while ago about getting "mails refused reports" for mails that I never sent. I was getting dozens of these "bounced mail" reports every day. I took azureus off my pc and have had none since.
    Coincidence? You tell me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jdsiiken

In Azureus go to tools>options>transfer.The last option should be "Ignore peers with these data ports" stick 25 in there and restart, and that should be the end of your problems. Port 25 is even given as an example of a port to block.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

Good tip there, glad I stumbled accross this. The same happened to me and Kerio Firewall was stopping it. I said cancel, and it bluescreened me! It was trying to go out through port 110, for POP3 access, but it had told me it was the Avast mail scanner, not Azureus trying to get out, but it coincided with starting a torrent, so I assumed it must be that! Maybe add 110 to your list of ignored ports as well as the SMTP port 25.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Vulture

Thanks for that info, have blocked 25;110 and hope to never get that annoying error message again. Though i'm still a bit curious as to why my usage statistcs would reset when it was sent. It's seems like a bit of a strange bug as i'v tested it twice and it happned both times.

• Advertisement
Advertisement