Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Would you have prefered to have gone somewhere else?

Options
  • 12-03-2006 4:52am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

If you had a choice again as to which college to go to, would you have picked DIT?

Picking colleges again, which would you have chosen? 27 votes

D.I.T again.
    0% 0 votes
    Something Other than D.I.T.
    70% 19 votes
    Atari Jaguar.
    29% 8 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

absolutely not, no. i'm considering not coming back next year as it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

Yeah I probably would have. I know DIT is ****ed up, but I know from experience that **** admin isn't the worst thing that could possibly happen to you in college.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

apart from living a fair commute away, i'm happy with my choice

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

i have to say that DIT has some administrative woes and kev st. is a bit of a dump, but the standard of teaching and the freindlyness of fellow students is more than acceptable, i know at least 3 people who came from ucd to DIT because UCD'rs had their head up their whole.

so its a yes from me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭Frankiestylee

That's a good point...I haven't really come across any utter assholes at all in my class, which is a bit unusual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

I don't go to DIT & clicked this board by mistake but this thread title sums up the image of DIT so accurately to stereotypes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

I don't go to DIT & clicked this board by mistake but this thread title sums up the image of DIT so accurately to stereotypes

i didn't know of any stereotypes before i entered the halls of DIT, but i will say this... for all the discontent i feel towards the place, it's image, student body and staff are far and above those of all the other major third-level education centers in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

I think the place suffers fromt eh same stereotyping as Trinners and UCD.
    Not that we are snobs, but the opposite.

I Have been in Kevin St now since i began trying to achieve my degree (Only one month and 10 days to go!) and I have been nothing but happy with the place. I dont think Kevin St is a hole, as far as computers go the place has always provided the best for me, as regards the canteen, well We are in the center of town so its really only a second option, as regards the knackery, well everyone makes it their resting spot now an again.

I love the place, Students are down to earth and mostly after the same things, lecturers are fab, well most of em :D and the admin staff i have never had problems with.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

I like the place though I am in Aungier street which is a nice building. Its different to UCD or Trinity. There doesnt seem to be as much attitude and there is certainly a lack of snobishness, which there is a lot of in Trinity. I am doing a PHD though so Im not hanging around as much and I dont have any classes so I could be completely wrong. I think I might have different view of the place as I am not doing a degree.

Advertisement