Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

a wonderful free learning Chinese site

Options
  • 12-03-2006 5:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hey guys, there is a wonderful free learning Chinese site, it's free and quite good. Have a look!
    www.chinesebee.com
    :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

seems nice, but you should add more stuff to it, anyways i'll put this link in the stickified topic...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 huangyangChina

well,a good site for foreign learners.I will then introduce more professional sites to you guys.

哈哈,很不错哟!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭darkflower

I've always wanted to learn chinese and your site is interesting but i wish you could put more click to hear button :D..I understand some english letter is pronounced differently in chinese like the d in "kuay dian" will be pronounced "t"..??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 244 ✭✭tails2

darkflower wrote:
    I've always wanted to learn chinese and your site is interesting but i wish you could put more click to hear button :D..I understand some english letter is pronounced differently in chinese like the d in "kuay dian" will be pronounced "t"..??

what???? what are you talking about... the d in hurry up(kuai dian er) is pronounced as a d, not a t. who ever told you it was pronounced as a t was pulling your leg

tails2 wrote:
    what???? what are you talking about... the d in hurry up(kuai dian er) is pronounced as a d, not a t. who ever told you it was pronounced as a t was pulling your leg

hmm but i've heard them pronounced it "t" not d..maybe huanyangchina could help us :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭davros

It's worth pointing out that the pinyin system of romanisation is not English, and can't be pronounced as English. It uses the same latin letters as English but you have to learn it separately.

That said, a 'd' in pinyin is pronounced as for 'd' in English. You might be thinking of other romanisation systems such as Wade-Giles, where 'dian' (pinyin) would be written 'tien'. Stick to pinyin though. It's a great system and thoroughly supported with learning material.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Also remember there's no such thing as 'Chinese'.

Mandarin is spoken mainly in mainland China and Taiwan, with Cantonese being used mostly in Hong Kong.

People who can understand only either Mandarin or Cantonese can communicate with each other by writing because they use the same written characters with a few exceptions.

Most recommend learning Mandarin.

Gee thanks!! i guess learning chinese.. err mandarin is harder than i thought :D

Advertisement