Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What type of build do Irishmen prefer on women?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

spiderlegs wrote:
    don't deny it!!

I will deny it, thanks very much. I sincerely find a taller woman very attractive, and that's the truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,178 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Well you're in the vast minority KH and you know it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Asok wrote:
    I can remove yours if you make more posts like the above.
    Beruthiel wrote:
    Karl can post where he wishes

I can however, remove your posting privileges...
    B

/edit
    always one step ahead of me Asokie!

Nothing like a bit of gentle humour to get the Boards.ie Mods running for their banning stick, cape & swagger....Keep going soon all posts will be populated via drop-down lists with content like below:

A) Yes, I agree my fine friend.
    B) No, this is but tomfoolery you scoundrel.
    C) I have no opinion & am never at odds with my Lord/Moderator.

- You won't have to try much harder to steer this one to WWW.BORED.IE ;)

& To bring things back on topic - yes most Irish men like curves & definitely figures 1,000,000 miles away from those scary stick-insects on the catwalks :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭redmagic

Ah, well, too bad most irishmen prefer little woman, considering us bigger american girls can handle you bigger men better;) did i just say that out loud?:eek:

Sangre wrote:

I wouldn't be too sure of that, and I know a few other people who find taller women are very attractive indeed.

I mean, Famke Janssen, who's 5'11" or Helena Bonham Carter, who's 5'4"? I know which actress I find vastly more attractive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

That's good that you're happy with being tall, some girls are rather self-conscious about that. How tall are you though, out of curiosity?

I'm 5'9".

Nala wrote:
    I'm 5'9".

Ah, that's not that tall. I was once going out with a girl who was the same height as me. She would've been towering if she ever wore heels.

Oh, and that leeds me to another point. If men don't find taller women attractive, why in god's name do women wear shoes that increase their hieght? The mind boggles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

High heels make legs and bums look better so girls wear them.

What do you's think of tall girls going out with small guys? Do they look stupid together? I don't know if I could go out with someone smaller than me and I feel so shallow.

Nala wrote:
    High heels make legs and bums look better so girls wear them.

Sorry for the ignorance, but how can footwear make your bum look better?
    Nala wrote:
    What do you's think of tall girls going out with small guys? Do they look stupid together? I don't know if I could go out with someone smaller than me and I feel so shallow.

I'd hardly think anything of it, and I doubt it'd look stupid. It's their business at the end of the day, and I'm sure there's things you can do that would make look a hell of a lot more stupid. That does seem rather shallow though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Sorry for the ignorance, but how can footwear make your bum look better?

Because of the angle, and the way the leg/bum muscles go when you wear them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Girls wear high heels cos they give you tighter calfs and more shapely legs,its just a side effect that they make you taller really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Sangre wrote:

Score, I'm also part of that so-called vast minority, maybe it'll make it easier. I'm a big fan of tall woman, especially the less-spotted 6'+, so long as they don't weigh more than me it's all good :)

I agree, tall guys with short women look a bit strange, not as strange as tall women with short guys though!

High heels cause the bum muscles to tighten, giving more shape to a woman's ass, the higher they are, the more shape you get. And the more they complain about their feet hurting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

I like small cute girls with long hair and pale skin ideally curvy even a bit fat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Bob the Seducer

I'd have to say I'm for:
    Long Hair - Blonde Black or Brunette (redheads only if they're exceptionally pretty)
    Height - about 5'10" and down
    Accent +: French, Swedish, Brazilian and certain parts of England (but definitely not all)
    not overweight nor very skinny either and I'd have to say I'm neither a boobs or an ass man, I like 'em cute/pretty

and against:
    Short Hair
    fake blondes
    6'2" plus
    Certain American accents, Kerry, Donegal

you guys are bumming me out! for some reason (maybe it's a preconceived notion) I thought the Irish liked redheads:o my bad, I guess. I've heard a lot of 'not overweight' comments, so could you define overweight (and not in terms of weight itself, but in terms of what overweight looks like to you.) and i have one more question, how old are most of you posting to the original question? I think i have a good idea but i'd like confirmation---if you all wouldn't mind:)

• Advertisement

redmagic wrote:
    and i have one more question, how old are most of you posting to the original question?

redmagic wrote:
    I think i have a good idea but i'd like confirmation---if you all wouldn't mind:)

Is this for some kind of global database, so you can crone the perfect woman for each of us, and seduce us all into joining your multinational conspiracy to stamp out the kiwi trade? :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

awww nobody likes blondes!

I'd have to say I'm for:
    Long Hair - Blonde Black or Brunette (redheads only if they're exceptionally pretty)
    Height - about 5'10" and down
    Accent +: French, Swedish, Brazilian and certain parts of England (but definitely not all)
    not overweight nor very skinny either and I'd have to say I'm neither a boobs or an ass man, I like 'em cute/pretty

and against:
    Short Hair
    fake blondes
    6'2" plus
    Certain American accents, Kerry, Donegal
    Note to picky are we??:D
    I think the truth is that at the end of the day you can fall for anyone whatever they look like.I always used to say my type was blonde,cute and fun.But every guy I have gone out with has been dark and brooding.

Is this for some kind of global database, so you can crone the perfect woman for each of us, and seduce us all into joining your multinational conspiracy to stamp out the kiwi trade? :eek:

Not! --to the perfect woman part and i don't get the kiwi trade part:o

actually, the question about age is to confirm my suspicion that younger men go for a certain type of woman and older men are a little more 'open' to almost any type of woman. and, if i'm right, most of the guys posting to the original question are between 18 and oh, maybe 27.
    but, if i can be truly honest, my original question was out of curiousity and a desire to know if any Irishmen will talk to me while i'm visiting this summer.:)

Did anyone read the article in the indo yeasterday about tall women.It was saying how loads of study was done and its true-tall guys prefer small girls and vice versa!Apparently tall girls have more testosterone in them then small girls and tall guys have more testosterone then smalll guys so tall guys go for small girls because they seem tham as more fertile.Then small guys go for tall girls to make up for the testosterone they are lacking.You just have to look at hollywood to see this is true-tom cruise with nicole kidman and katie holmes,rod stewart and mick jagger also.....my point is proved...tall guys (excepy some board exceptions) go for small girls!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Well I wouldn't consider myself tall or indeed be considered tall by others - I'm 5"8 - but I definitely go for girls smaller than me, usually quite a bit smaller tbh. e.g. Last 3 gfs: 5"3, 5"1, 5"6... So I guess that theory is blown out of the water Panda!:p Just kiddin.

I got in trouble wit my last gf for my answer to one of these "what build do u prefer" things, hence why I hadn't up til now... I think I'll keep schtum now as well.

redmagic wrote:
    but, if i can be truly honest

I don't know, can you?
    redmagic wrote:
    my original question was out of curiousity and a desire to know if any Irishmen will talk to me while i'm visiting this summer.:)

I think you're actually being a bit paranoid there. Why wouldn't they talk to you? But if you really want to be sure, why not post a pic of yourself, and we'll tell you honestly.
    panda100 wrote:
    Did anyone read the article in the indo yeasterday about tall women.It was saying how loads of study was done and its true-tall guys prefer small girls and vice versa!Apparently tall girls have more testosterone in them then small girls and tall guys have more testosterone then smalll guys so tall guys go for small girls because they seem tham as more fertile.Then small guys go for tall girls to make up for the testosterone they are lacking.You just have to look at hollywood to see this is true-tom cruise with nicole kidman and katie holmes,rod stewart and mick jagger also.....my point is proved...tall guys (excepy some board exceptions) go for small girls!

Oooh, it was in the INDO! So then it must be true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Gegerty

It doesn't matter what you look like or what your build is like. you've just gotta be in the right place at the right time, say 12am - 1am in that I'm really pissed and up for anything stage of the night but not too pissed that I'm likely to puke in your mouth stage of the night. Go to Copperface jacks and you'll have a cock fest, doen't matter if you're little or large most blokes in there don't give a damn so long as its warm and moist ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Nala wrote:
    What do you's think of tall girls going out with small guys? Do they look stupid together?

Yep, looks ridiculous IMO. A bloke of average or above height going out with a taller girl can get away with it, but a small bloke with a taller girlfriend looks silly. Take that, masculinity!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Yes I think it looks funny a tall girl being with small bloke. My fella is about 1 or 2 inchs taller than me and I think we look kinda funny together. I look taller than him because i'm slimmer everyone thinks i'm taller until we stand beside each other and get measured :eek:

I don't know, can you?

okay, maybe i should have siad something like 'if you don't mind me being honest...'
    I think you're actually being a bit paranoid there. Why wouldn't they talk to you? But if you really want to be sure, why not post a pic of yourself, and we'll tell you honestly.

paranoid? i resemble that remark!:) actually i think it's more a matter of low selfesteem. and that's where this next remark---you want me to post my pic and have you all scatter like roaches when the lights are turned on--comes from. i don't even know how to post my pic to the boards. enlighten me and i might get up the nerve to do it:D

what's the Indo?

redmagic wrote:
    paranoid? i resemble that remark!:) actually i think it's more a matter of low selfesteem. and that's where this next remark---you want me to post my pic and have you all scatter like roaches when the lights are turned on--comes from. i don't even know how to post my pic to the boards. enlighten me and i might get up the nerve to do it:D

If you have a picture uploaded somewhere, all you do is link it. If not, you can attach it to a post. Just click on the "Go Advanced" next to the post quick reply button, or you can quote someone, this will take you to another page where you've got more options. Just scroll down to the "Additional Options" section, and where it says Attach Files, click manage attachments, then take it from there. Fairly easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

Panda - There might be someting there.

Im 5'4" and I attract tall men even though I dont have a thing for tall guys. Its always baffled me.

And I always think I like dark brooding types like Juaquim Pheonix but end up with blondes. So I think Panda's right, you can have all the qualifications you like but if you like someone you like them.

panda100 wrote:
    Girls wear high heels cos they give you tighter calfs and more shapely legs,its just a side effect that they make you taller really.

And they also - if high enough- push your ass muscles up so its kind of saying hello.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I love athletic curvy women and yes they do exist. So get your asses down the gym and pick up the pace. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Pink Bunny

redmagic wrote:
    my original question was out of curiousity and a desire to know if any Irishmen will talk to me while i'm visiting this summer.:)

If you get attention from men at home you're likely to get attention from men in just about any country you visit. Stop worrying about if you fit into someone else's "ideal" and just plan on having a good time regardless of your body type. Like someone posted earlier, we all have preconceptions of our ideal looks, but that can go out the window depending on the personality. Oops! I sound preachy don't I? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

Small girls for the win! hair coulor doesn't matter as long as it suits the girl. I tend to go for eather tin or shaped girls (nice set of hips and a kinda hour glass shape)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

As long as they're not fat it's all good.

rb_ie wrote:
    As long as they're not fat it's all good.

define fat.

Pink Bunny wrote:
    If you get attention from men at home you're likely to get attention from men in just about any country you visit. Stop worrying about if you fit into someone else's "ideal" and just plan on having a good time regardless of your body type. Like someone posted earlier, we all have preconceptions of our ideal looks, but that can go out the window depending on the personality. Oops! I sound preachy don't I? :)

i like the way you think, but i'm not sure i agree with what you are saying.
    alright i'll spill the beans, i'm on the heavy side, tall with hazel eyes and red hair ( i don't think i'm unpretty, however)---in the States, i get attention from military, mechanically inclined, testosterone laden men. but it seems to be the general concenus (at least on this board) that Irishmen prefer small women. i wonder if this is because there are mostly small women in Ireland? in the States there are a lot of 'big' women and so maybe American men are more likely to like what they see around them all the time?
    i am rather friendly and am able to get most anyone to talk to me, but i'll need to be alittle more outgoing than usual, i guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

redmagic wrote:
    but it seems to be the general concenus (at least on this board) that Irishmen prefer small women. i wonder if this is because there are mostly small women in Ireland? in the States there are a lot of 'big' women and so maybe American men are more likely to like what they see around them all the time?
    i am rather friendly and am able to get most anyone to talk to me, but i'll need to be alittle more outgoing than usual, i guess.

People in America are fat - no two ways about it!

So if you're in America and you're fat no one's going to notice too much or care. You'll pull the guys easily.

In Ireland people are heading towards fatness but not quite there yet.
    Hence they'll notice if you're a 'hefty chick', and may lose interest a bit.

Might be a good idea to drop a few pounds if you want to have a good time here. It' sensible anyway.

Reyman wrote:

Hence they'll notice if you're a 'hefty chick', and may lose interest a bit.

Might be a good idea to drop a few pounds if you want to have a good time here. It' sensible anyway.

guess people everywhere are superficial. no getting around the fact that people notice what you look like first and ask questions later (maybe).

i could lose a few pounds or wait til the men are 3-4 Guinnesses gone;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

They usually pay for "all" the Guinness when you're slimmer.

Have to consider all these things!

Dubs are much smaller than American men in general.

redmagic - dont be fooled. There are plenty of fat Irish women and from what I can see there are more of them there than in the US. I dont know what part of the US you are in?

You are worrying needlessly. Irish men are much less forward than American men so it may seem at first the you arent being noticed. And in general American men are in better shape. So you may be in for a shock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

redmagic wrote:
    i get attention from military, mechanically inclined, testosterone laden men. but it seems to be the general concenus (at least on this board) that Irishmen prefer small women.

be warned that when you come to ireland, chances are you wont get any attention from any SOBER men.

i've NEVER in my life been approached by a man who wasn't too drunk to hold a conversation, and im not an ugly girl.

irish men are not very forward at all, and usually need plenty of dutch courage to say anything, and soon they're leering and tripping and doing other stupid things.

Everyone has their own opinion of what fat is. I'll keep mine to myself so as to not offend anyone accidentally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

panda100 wrote:

Yeah, and testosterone helps your mathematical abilities, and people who are good at maths are more socially inept (these are both gotten from studies that I don't want to look up) So, in a not very logical way, tall girls are shy manly nerds! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Dubs are much smaller than American men in general.

... :confused:

Ah, you mean body size. Fair enough.

lol. he he. yes that is what i meant!

rb ie - fat may be a subjective view but obesity isn't. Its 20% over what you should be weighing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Its 20% over what you should be weighing.
    ...for your height

• Advertisement

lol. he he. yes that is what i meant!

rb ie - fat may be a subjective view but obesity isn't. Its 20% over what you should be weighing.
    Or a 25%+ body fat level.

i live in Alaska, but i'm an air force brat so i've actually lived all over the country.

in the States, obesity is 30% or more body fat. BMI- height vs. weight. But this doesn't take into consideration bone structure, musculature, etc. (in other words, Arnold Swartzanegger would be considered obese, if not morbidly so, by the BMI charts). I'm heavy, but i'm also broad shouldered with probably better than decent muscle tone. anyway, it sounds like women agree that Irishmen are not forward. I'll keep that in mind. if i'm forward (bold but not aggressively so) are they going to take offense?

Are you sure? My gyn told me its 20%. Im in NYC.

Here is a Canadian womans tale of Irish men and meeting Colin Farrell. Its pretty funny.

http://www.heartless-bitches.com/morrigan/nb_April_10_2005.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

redmagic wrote:
    ....I'll keep that in mind. if i'm forward (bold but not aggressively so) are they going to take offense?

Don't worry about the weight as long as you look healthy. What proves a massive turn-off for Irish lads (speaking as one who has discussed this with my friends) is fat 'rolls' more than being a little over-weight or well built. Don't wear clothes that show off a belly, instead accentuate your breasts etc. Common sense stuff really.

And remember that we Irish lads are completely different beast to our American counterparts. The whole dating thing doesn't work here, not yet anyway. We're laid back in general and most of us are big chicken****s when it comes to chatting up girls in the manner you're likely to recognise. You'll need to watch for subtle cues if you want to know when a sober Irishman is interested. Maybe the girls here can give you a pointer or two about that one.....

Don't be afraid to approach us either - Our slow response is the way we sort of work. I think that given enough time (read: years) we'd eventually get around to showing interest but without a few gargles in the belly most of us just don't put ourselves out there. So step in and call the shots if that's what you feel like doing - We won't take offence, will we lads? :D

Gil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

redmagic wrote:
    define fat.

ok, here's a random image from google.

party070401.jpg

the blonde is slim/fit, alot of irish girls would call this skinny.

the dark haired girl is fat, alot of irish girl would call this curvey.

notice, fat girls plate is cleared.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement