Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What type of build do Irishmen prefer on women?

124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭redmagic

cordelia wrote:
    Redmagic,

Work on making some online friends here at Boards and then plan on going to a Boards Beer or some such event.

where do i find infor on these gatherings (times and days held)? and i'm working on the friends part.

daRobot wrote:
    size 8-10
    32 d - 34 e
    slender arms
    over 5ft 4
    pert bum

and when is Barbie going to become flesh and blood?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

redmagic wrote:
    daRobot wrote:
    size 8-10
    32 d - 34 e
    slender arms
    over 5ft 4
    pert bum

who you calling barbie?? i fit all those stats and im farrr from a barbie thank you :p. in fairness they're fairly general and would cover alot of the population, i think you're exaggerating a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

redmagic wrote:
    where do i find infor on these gatherings (times and days held)? and i'm working on the friends part.

here

Oh and a tip - Don't forget to close your quotes

[/quote]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

redmagic wrote:
    daRobot wrote:
    size 8-10
    32 d - 34 e
    slender arms
    over 5ft 4
    pert bum

Hey, bar the fact that I am only 5ft 2in I am all if those statistics too...a lot of women are that size. In terms of childbearing potential, it is definitly subconscious but does play a part, as does scent (ensuring that your genes are not too similar).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

CathyMoran wrote:
    In terms of childbearing potential, it is definitly subconscious but does play a part, as does scent (ensuring that your genes are not too similar).

Thankgod gene-sequencer kits are coming down in size....... pity the results take so long though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

smccarrick wrote:
    Thankgod gene-sequencer kits are coming down in size....... pity the results take so long though :D
    Seriously dear - you know the sparks that some people get, a lot of that is down to not having too similar genomes and immune systems...you can not predict it by looks but you can have a sense of it by how the person smells...

In the end of the day Redmagic you have to find the person with which you click, looks never came into it for me (though I dated some gorgeous men).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Reyman

redmagic wrote:
    are men really concerned with a woman's childbearing potential when they're at a club?;)

Yes!

Though at a club they usually have to settle for less like you do yourself.

As the saying goes:
    " I could dance with you, till the cows come home. On second thoughts I'd rather dance with the cows till you come home"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

CathyMoran wrote:
    Seriously dear - you know the sparks that some people get, a lot of that is down to not having too similar genomes and immune systems...you can not predict it by looks but you can have a sense of it by how the person smells...

Thats very true, and I never thought of it at all.

When you're really lusting for someone, you can almost "inhale" them, wheras if you have no interest in someone you never can...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Caprisun

why not have made this into a poll as people could go on and on about it forever. its all to do with personal opinion, i'd be very disapointed in life if there was one generic answer to it. son a gaut (ha what happene to my 6 yrs of french) and all that. personally i like skinny, tall men. i wouldnt like a big rugby build/gym build at all. luckily none of my mates have never agreed with me there :)

• Advertisement

Seraphina wrote:
    size 8-10
    32 d - 34 e
    slender arms
    over 5ft 4
    pert bum

who you calling barbie?? i fit all those stats and im farrr from a barbie thank you :p. in fairness they're fairly general and would cover alot of the population, i think you're exaggerating a little.

I meant no insult with the Barbie comment, however, the above stats are outrageously ideal, IMO. and i think you might be exaggerating too with the 'would cover a lot of the population'. I travelled almost the entire island two years ago and most of the girls i saw were what these guys have been describing: petite (and in all areas, not just height and weight.) But you live in Ireland, so you know better, right? once again, i apologize for the insult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭Banphrionsa

Diarmiud wrote:
    Most arent that picky. For me, now, slim, lean, fast. Able to make a swift escape from Fionn

Yes, fitness allows them to last long into the night.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Seraphina wrote:
    size 8-10
    32 d - 34 e
    slender arms
    over 5ft 4
    pert bum

Quote:

who you calling barbie?? i fit all those stats and im farrr from a barbie thank you . in fairness they're fairly general and would cover alot of the population, i think you're exaggerating a little.

redmagic wrote:
    I meant no insult with the Barbie comment, however, the above stats are outrageously ideal, IMO. and i think you might be exaggerating too with the 'would cover a lot of the population'. I travelled almost the entire island two years ago and most of the girls i saw were what these guys have been describing: petite (and in all areas, not just height and weight.) But you live in Ireland, so you know better, right? once again, i apologize for the insult.

I don't think those stats are too much of an 'ideal' to be real. I agree with Seraphina- they do cover a lot of the female population over here. If you look at the newspapers here- they are full of stories complaining about the chainstores (such as A-Wear) bringing in new ranges in sizes which are unrealistic for most of the population (the new ranges start in European size 2 - 4 (US size 0)) I would hazzard a guess that while there is a sizeable portion of the population in the size 14-18 range (or bigger) that there is an even larger portion of the population of more dimunitive sizes.

Whatever about someone looking healthy- anorexic Kate Moss'esque girls make me shudder and pity them. I'd be terrified they'd keel over in front of me.......

Ok- perhaps 32d-34e on a size 8-10 is slightly unrealistic- but only slightly. Any larger and the poor bearer would be in danger of back trouble.......

Seriously- as advised prioviously in this thread- we don't do the dating scene like you do in the states. We go out for a few drinks and a bit of craic. If we meet someone and we get on well with them, fine- if not, hell, we're out with friends having a good time anyway. Come along to some of the Boards beers- meetup with the folk here- make a few friends, who knows, maybe you'll hit it off with someone. If you are going to Boards beers- I am pretty sure the kind folk here will give you a list of guys to keep away from at all costs (I can probably guess half the people on the list- it would be better coming from some of the girls here though :p )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

The only thing a bit unrealistic about that list was the 32 d - 34 e part.
    I would hazzard a guess that while there is a sizeable portion of the population in the size 14-18 range (or bigger) that there is an even larger portion of the population of more dimunitive sizes.

I go to a ''college'' repeating my Leaving Cert. It's one of those places where you can do Beatuty Therapy and little business courses. Not a real college.

I found it amazing...shocking really at the amount of overweight girls there are here. When I was in secondary school there might have been the odd few girls overweight but not to this degree.

Take the other day for instance I was waiting outside a classroom for my orals and then a group of about 10 girls all about 20/21/22 were all veeery overweight passed by. Not one was ''normal'' weight. They're everywhere :eek:

So many girls put on weight in there early 20's ... and never loose it... definitely the majority...

Isn't it something like one in three Irish people are overweight. I think that's very true. Also I think the more people seem to be getting fatter and fatter the more acceptable it is becoming in our society.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

^^^^
    One's that look like her.

*runs away giggling*

Clothes have a big thing to do with who I like, small, skinny gals, long straight hair and it won't change! They usually wear black and possibly a cross and also may be in asha now and again etc. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭Aporia

*runs after Tar.Aldarion*

But yet, it's too late... he's already running into the distant sunset ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭TiwstaSista

Petite please! And asian. I know thats not strictly Irish women, but still, I just can't say know to asians. The little slanty eyes and that jet black hair, yah baby. Also they all know kung fu.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Aporia wrote:
    *runs after Tar.Aldarion*

But yet, it's too late... he's already running into the distant sunset ;)
    I had to get home to make dinner and put on a wash.
    Oh what could have been.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

iV Been with all shapes any sizes & i dont like women who are size 8- thats too skinny & size 14+ is too fat... (i love Muscular women)
    But anywher in between suits me fine. like my Fiance she's perfect :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

SIX PACK wrote: »
    iV Been with all shapes any sizes & i dont like women who are size 8- thats too skinny & size 14+ is too fat... (i love Muscular women)
    But anywher in between suits me fine. like my Fiance she's perfect :)

Watch Rumpelstiltskin off.......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

I'm 6'6 .I find small girls (who aren't stick insects) with big chests extremely attractive ,its not even a sexual thing ,they just look aesthetically perfect to me.

I also find tall girls attractive too especially the ones with really good legs .Most tall girls in this place are really good looking and are in really good shape. And I get chatted up by tall girls a lot , I also find even though I'm only an average looking guy :( that I can date really hot tall girls :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Thread is a tad long in the tooth.

/End Thread

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement