Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easterly ( Bitterly cold Paddys Day )

Options
13»

Comments

Dunno about the 17th Gonzo but I'm pretty sure the Eastern half of the country will all see at least some snow over paddies weekend and into the following week probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

Nice ensembles.

MT8_Dublin_ens.png

ECM yet another beauty this morning. Gonna get cold and snowy post Saturday:D ;)

yeah nice Met Éireann forecast for snow lovers this morning aswellat 855am :)

Earthman wrote:
    yeah nice Met Éireann forecast for snow lovers this morning aswellat 855am :)

What did they say?:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Heavy wintry showers of course widespread in munster and leinster but especially near Eastern coasts.
    They only went as far as sunday.

Time to move up to Sligo after monday Darkman..

http://217.160.75.104/wz/pics/Rtavn1741.png

Assuming GFS is right.

Shower snow wont last more than a day I think between showers in the daytime,this late in the year unless they are prolonged and heavy or you are on a hill.

Earthman wrote:
    Time to move up to Sligo after monday Darkman..

http://217.160.75.104/wz/pics/Rtavn1741.png

Assuming GFS is right.

Shower snow wont last more than a day I think between showers in the daytime,this late in the year unless they are prolonged and heavy or you are on a hill.

Indeed but the GFS is wrong. Stick with the Euros, they have this nailed:D

P.S I think we will go with NOGAPS now.............................................................only joking! What a great setup.

Rngp1441.gif

yeah I agree,that nogaps is lovely.

Wishfull thinking though,we'll have a better idea on thursday/friday as to next week but seriously it is looking text book like the last northerly so showers move to the north and nort west from monday night...

Darkman2,I havent looked at it yet but ,I read another poster suggesting in another place that on this mornings GFS, there were subtle changes in the GFS jet flow suggesting a move towards the ECM output.

Can you look into that,I'm going to be very busy today and might not be able to post much today.

• Advertisement

My own personal opinion though is these models are better at bringing on an Easterly but not so good at knowing what to do with it beyond 4 days once it is here.
    Perhaps that is the weathers fault presenting so many changing variables.

Earthman wrote:
    Darkman2,I havent looked at it yet but ,I read another poster suggesting in another place that on this mornings GFS, there were subtle changes in the GFS jet flow suggesting a move towards the ECM output.

Can you look into that,I'm going to be very busy today and might not be able to post much today.
    Ah it was Steve Murr,I might have known he'd spot that :D

Looks good-hopefully for interests sake, the GFS will follow the ECM and the weather says the ECM is right :)

Earthman wrote:
    Ah it was Steve Murr,I might have known he'd spot that :D

Looks good-hopefully for interests sake, the GFS will follow the ECM and the weather says the ECM is right :)

Certainly I will post results of the runs if you want:) Im not supprised at all by this cracking 6z however it is only the control run. Ultimatley the ensembles will tell the full story. I can just imagine the troughs etc in the flow and lp very close by. A real improvement on previous runs here.:D ;)

BTW I say its a great run not because it gives us widespread snow showers (which it dosnt) but because its more toward the ECM.

Now heres the question. Where is likely to be affected?. Obviously the North but there is a good chance of troughs and the odd polar low and possibly showers clipping the East coast.

Recm1681.gif

http://www.meteociel.org/modeles/ecmwf/run/ECM0-168.GIF

-6 - -8 quite widely on the ECM.

Advertisement