Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

very simple shop site

• 12-03-2006 11:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

im looking to set up a very simple shop website. i wont be selling many products at all, but hopefully, the ones i do sell, will be expensive, around the €300 mark. if things went really well, id make about 3 sales per week, this would be if things turned out really well. i think all id need is a "about company" page a "home" page a "products page" and maybe a "past products" page. i havent decided yet but it will be very simple content wise and i would only be adding about 3 products a week if things went well. id like to be able to sell to worldwide. how would i go about getting a credit card machine or something like a paypal checkout? i was thinking of just doing it through ebay but i fear this may make my products look cheap even though it may get a much higher audience.

so if i want to set up a simple site with product page and payment system, whats my best option? where can i find good templates for such a site?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

im looking to set up a very simple shop website. i wont be selling many products at all, but hopefully, the ones i do sell, will be expensive, around the €300 mark. if things went really well, id make about 3 sales per week, this would be if things turned out really well. i think all id need is a "about company" page a "home" page a "products page" and maybe a "past products" page. i havent decided yet but it will be very simple content wise and i would only be adding about 3 products a week if things went well. id like to be able to sell to worldwide. how would i go about getting a credit card machine or something like a paypal checkout? i was thinking of just doing it through ebay but i fear this may make my products look cheap even though it may get a much higher audience.

so if i want to set up a simple site with product page and payment system, whats my best option? where can i find good templates for such a site?

cheers

How many products would you expect to have displayed on the website in the first 6-12 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭NeptunesMoon

im a hopeful artist so ill be trying so sell once off things, i wouldnt really know how many products id have in the first 6 to 12 months. id give a guess the total would be maybe 40 products in the first 12 months, whether these will sell or not is a different story. also id like to have a gallery of my past work in case somebody sees something they would like something similar of. do you ask because of payment methods or template choice?

cheers

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

paypal 'buy now' buttons will be the easiest and most cost effective choise to implement given your forecasts.

is there any way to keep the payment on my own site and not have to have customers register with paypal and login to paypal when they want to buy do you know?

Where could I get a template for hwat I want does anyone know?

cheers

It is not necessary for people to register with paypal anymore.

• Advertisement

really? that would make a big difference. so if somebody went on to my site, they could simply put a product in their cart and pay through paypal by just putting in their Credit/Debit card info with their address, and paypal would sort the payment into my account and i sort out the delivery and thats that? is it possible for all this to be done on my site or would it have to be done on an excternal page? does anyone know of any site templates with built in paypal shopping cart?

cheers

The paypal buttons are individually designed for each product & price so they would not be compatible with something someone else has designed.
    You can get pre built software such as oscommerce which is a full online shopping application but again you need to key in each products details. oscommerce also has paypal integration. It may be too big for what you are after and you will need an understanding of php if you are to customise it.

Advertisement