Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung LCD TV

• 12-03-2006 1:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying a Samsung 27" LCD-TV LE27T51B from Komplett. I have a Samsung LCD monitor which i find excellent and the general opinion from browsing other threads appears to be, Samsung TV's are good. Just wondering if there is anything better on the market for around the same cost as this TV, 850 euros.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

I wouldn't say so but I'm biased as I own the same series of HDTV from Samsung, I do hear good things about Sharps Aquos line but as for price/quality comparisons I couldn't say as I have not kept up with the latest news from this scene.

The LE-27T51B is identical to the LE-26R41B and LE-26R51B they just gave it a new casing over the previous two, same panel inside it and a great TV [LE-26R41B owner :cool: ]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

as a LE-32R41B owner myself i am also biased towards samsung :D

for a 27" lcd at €800 that is HD ready is a decent price.

Granted mine is going on 5 months old now, i have'nt had one major problem with it. There was a batch of faulty tvs in currys last year that put a few people off buying but mine was ok.

And you will be amazed on how HD material looks like on it.
    i took some pics of the 32in last november if ya want to have a look
    http://images.sparky-s.com/sp_index.php?dir=./Samsung32

Go for it. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Have a very similar panel, it rules. Anything with a digital feed looks absolutely lovely on it, and I only sit about 5 feet away from mine!

If you're going to be using any consoles with it I recommend getting component video cables for them. I grabbed a set for my ps2 at gamefor a tenner and they make a very nice difference to quality. Never bothered spending the 40 quid for imported gamecube cables though.

I say definitely go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Celt1

Hi Sparky....the pics you took of the Samsung, were some of those from a HD source? Recently bought a LE32M51B from Komplett and find it difficult to get a really crisp picture, even on Sky digital (dish) through a scart socket. Can I ask what settings you use on yours. Sometimes I think there are too many settings to tweek! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Daemonic

Thank you all and thanks for the pics Sparky. I'll be using the tv with digital cable so i think its time to go order :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭kman

not a huge issue, but if you plan on using it in the future with a HDMI equipped device (eg a Hi Def DVD player) you'll need a HDMI to DVI adaptor for this TV as there is no HDMI port on it...

LE27T51B Detailed Spec

Thanks for the advice kman, not a concern right now as I'll just be plugging in a bog standard phillips DVD player, a vcr (:eek: i know, shock, horror, someone still using a vcr :)) and maybe a laptop on rare occasions.
    Good to know however.

Ok, order placed, expecting delivery next Monday, allowing for Paddies day. I'll post an opinion when i get it all set up.

TV arrived today.
    Looks great, very nicely designed and picture quality is excellent once settings are adjusted, out of the box settings are awful.
    Only initial impressions but i'd recommend this TV to anyone thinking of getting an LCD TV in this price range.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

The native res is 1366 x 768. Would analog PAL not look woeful on this?

No idea. I'm using it with a digital cable signal and it looks fine.

• Advertisement

Daemonic wrote:
    No idea. I'm using it with a digital cable signal and it looks fine.

What res is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

You can either stretch it, zoom it, or leave it be, sitting centered on the screen.

I think the picture quality from analog sources like a tv tuner or scart is very good for an LCD or plasma, but can't really stand up against the likes of a 100Hz Trinitron. Get a component/vga/dvi/hdmi source and it blows away standard tellies though.

You can either stretch it, zoom it, or leave it be, sitting centered on the screen. I think the picture quality from analog sources like a tv tuner or scart is very good for an LCD or plasma, but can't really stand up against the likes of a 100Hz Trinitron.

Thats still interpolating the res. I've never seen this done so that its as good a CRT.
    Get a component/vga/dvi/hdmi source and it blows away standard tellies though.

By source do you mean one thats matches the native res of the LCD or do you mean interpolated sources?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭maxpower

Hi lads Just wondering can nebody help!

I'm thinking of getting this Samsung 26" LCD-TV LE-26M51B, 3000:1, 1366 x 768, PIP(Tuner), 8ms, HD-ready

its about €1200... But is it worth de money compared to the one Daemonic has gotten?

All i really nead it for is a replacement for the 14"telly and de old 15"crt.

I'd also like the abaility to view both Tv and pc at de same time . Is this possible?
    Any sugestions please?!:)

Advertisement