Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very LOUD Canary

• 12-03-2006 3:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭

We got ourselves a lovely canary about 8 months ago. At first he was very timid and never sang, but after a few weeks he got more used to his surroundings and began to sing beautifully.

Over the course of the last week or so, his singing has become incredibly loud. I've heard jet engines make less noise. Is there any reason for this...? Is he stressed? Happy? Looking for a mate? Lonely? If anyone has any input (particularly canary owners) I'd appreciate it. It's gotten to the point where he can actually hurt our ears if the little bugger hits a particularly high note...! :rolleyes: We don't like putting him in another room on his own, but sometimes the noise is just TOO much.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭wexhun

HA HA, Had to laugh, we had the exactly the same problem with our canary, someone said get him a friend!.................................. now we have 2 very loud canaries, drives us nuts, they like to sing louder than anything else that goes on in the room but now they have company I don't feel so bad about putting them in another room, my husband has threatened them with beak stapling but they just shake their little heads and sing all the louder at him, when it really bothers you cover the cage over with a coth! Sorry can't offer any concrete advice but can sympathise!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Only the males sing so I guess they are looking for mates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Get him a FEMALE friend and he will stop LOL ;)
    (well, he wont *stop* but he wont be as loud as he wont think he has to attract a female from miles away lolol)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ifcs

Hi,

If you are interested in finding out more about your canary or its breed, or if you do decide to pair it up with a female, you can find out more info on http://www.irishfancycanarysociety.com

We are a society of brid keepers from all around Ireland who breed and show canaries.

Thanks

Irish Fancy Canary Society

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

That's what canarys do so sounds normal, no harm in getting him a friend though especially if sometimes during the day you need to put him in another room,at least he'll have company then. Although woudln't suggest breeding from him esp. if he's a pet shop canary but he could still have a friend.

• Advertisement
Advertisement