Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ripwave and windows 98/me

• 12-03-2006 3:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know how to configure windows 98 or ME to work with a ripwave modem. navini diagnostics shows good signal strength but no internet traffic. Belive it's something to do with dns or gateway settings..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭chamlis

Just cancel. Cancel before it's too late. Read the rest of the boards if you don't believe me. Save yourself a broken heart. Dialup is a better alternative to ripwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 m1c

Or just check if you have network card installed - start --> run --> winipcfg - there should be ppp adapter (doesn't matter) and your network adapter. if it's getiing ip address (other than 0.0.0.0 or 169.254.x.x) than everything should be fine... I guess ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭bealbocht

Does anyone know how to configure windows 98 or ME to work with a ripwave modem. navini diagnostics shows good signal strength but no internet traffic. Belive it's something to do with dns or gateway settings..

means you have no internet service.
    I suspect they run out of ip numbers in the evening and if your not on, you cant get on.

Advertisement