Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

God of War 2: Divine Retribution - for PS2!

• 12-03-2006 3:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

Now this is a little surprising. The latest edition of GameInformer (a US magazine) has a cover story on the sequel to God or War, and it's coming to PS2 (not PS3 as some might have speculated). It's nice to see Sony not cutting back support for the platform even with PS3 on the horizon!

There are pictures from the magazine floating around on the web, but I won't link to them in case it breaks the rules of the boards (I'm guessing magazine scans/photos are not allowed?). The game is using the same engine as God of War, and sufficed to say, it looks gorgeous. I think it's slated for an early 07 release.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

LookingFor wrote:
    Now this is a little surprising. The latest edition of GameInformer (a US magazine) has a cover story on the sequel to God or War, and it's coming to PS2 (not PS3 as some might have speculated). It's nice to see Sony not cutting back support for the platform even with PS3 on the horizon!

There are pictures from the magazine floating around on the web, but I won't link to them in case it breaks the rules of the boards (I'm guessing magazine scans/photos are not allowed?). The game is using the same engine as God of War, and sufficed to say, it looks gorgeous. I think it's slated for an early 07 release.

Its got something to do with you fighting your brother or something. Finishing the original God Of War unlocked a video about the sequel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Why do people bother to quote the post above them? :confused:

Are there many shots of the game in the scans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Not tonnes, but enough to see it looks hot :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 t_rom/reaper

the first game is my all time faveourite ps2 game

i did read something on ign about a sequel it has some thing to do with an old enemy of the gods trikeing kratos in to opening the gates to mount olympus and kratos deffys the gods wishes by going on another blood thersty mission lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

I dont think its that big a supprise its coming to the ps2 seeing as the ps3 could be a long wait for most of us and the ps2 is still the marker leader so it will sell the best there. They could release a better looking version when the ps3 comes out. But this is good news to show the ps2 still has legs.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,625 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

God Of War was the game that put the nail in the coffin of the Xbox as a superior machine, at least in my mind, a breathtaking mix of storytelling and amazing visuals, regardless of gen. The sequel can only make things even better and have one on preorder as soon as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Kristok wrote:
    I dont think its that big a supprise its coming to the ps2 seeing as the ps3 could be a long wait for most of us and the ps2 is still the marker leader so it will sell the best there. They could release a better looking version when the ps3 comes out. But this is good news to show the ps2 still has legs.

Definitely. Eurogamer also reported this a little while back, and reported GT4 Online at the same time. So it might seem likely also..(and would be very cool :)).

Advertisement