Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Those Of you With MySpace...

Options
  • 12-03-2006 3:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

Can you post this message as a bulletin, Im on a mission here! If you do please add ur name at the end!

Listen, I know the bulletin board is usually a place to put ****ing stupid chain-mail and other such time-wasting bull****,and while I hate to break the tradition,Im actually going to take a stab at achieving something with this one,okay?

The Message-
    Basically, having looked at a lot of people's myspace pages I've noticed that a great many of you have added songs from artists who have MySpace profiles as the background music to your own pages. What im asking everyone who reads this to do is that instead of adding a song from an already famous band to show your down with whatever trend or subculture it is your aiming for, support a lesser known band, one that would benefit from having more people hear their music,adding them as friends (and with the place in popular culture that MySpace has gained, the number of friends an unsigned band have will soon become a factor when record labels choose which unsigned talent to invest in) and spreading the word about their cause. Bands like Fall Out Boy dont need any more airplay on anything than they already have, I watched an hour of music television yesterday and saw "Sugar! We're Going Down" 4 times. Unsigned and lesser known bands need all the airplay they can get to further themselves, so support the cause today and add a less well known band to your profile. Thanks for reading and if you agree with what Im saying then re-post this and add your name at the bottom of the bulletin. Thanks for reading.

1- Shane (i wrote this thing!)
    2- Mark W ^^I know that guy!
    3- Emma
    4- Andy Duff - good words,rock on man!

Advertisement