Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm a Mum...get me outta here!

Options
  • 12-03-2006 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭

OK, I'm going to vent, its been raining all week, the hubby is away with work, lucky him, the kids are climbing the walls, I've tried playing games, jigsaws, painting, watching dvds but they are being as whingy, whiney and generally being obnoxious. I want to scream I'm a mother get me out of here.....I NEED A BREAK!
    I've brought the laptop into the loo so I could get some peace but I kinow when I go back out there it'll be back to Mummy I want this and Mummy I need that. OK I know I'm having one of those days but please tell me I'm not the only one, do you ever feel like ARGGGGGHHH get them away from me or should I be locked up and the key thrown away? Are there any other ways other than being heavily sedated to deal with the "I'm going to tear my hair out" feeling.
    Super earth mothers like my friend Cathy who had a mould made of her belly when she was preggers and keeps it on her bedroom wall and who NEVER has a bad day need not reply.
    OH ROLL ON BEDTIME!!!!
    PS. I do love my kids really just incase ya think I've lost da plot!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Hang in there wexhun, a couple of hours until bed time and you will have some peice and quiet and tomorrow is Monday and they will be in school and you will have some head space to yourself.

Only a couple of hours to go and you can have a bath and chill out and manage to have a cup of tea or coffee with out interuption or even finish a tought all by yourself.

Funny that you mention being sedated there was a reason why they called valium 'Mother's little helper" being a Mam esp when your having to do it on your on can be that stressful and unlike work it doesn't end in eight hour and you can't take a day or a half day off.

Hang in there and try get some time to chill out for yourslef this evening.

Yes, you love your kids if you didn't you would not be stressing out about being the best mother you can be and you would not have gone to the loo to have a rant you would have just yelled and screamed at them, or smashed a cup off a wall. But haven't and you didn't and you care about the impact you have on them.

Have you tried telling the kids that you need a time out ?
    That you are going to have a 5 mins time out in a room they are not in they can't talk to you for the 5mins ?

Advertisement