Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does UTV count upload bandwidth as well?

• 12-03-2006 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭

i heard a while ago after the new caps that upload bandwidth was included..now a week or two ago i over heard somewere that the upload was now excluded from the cap like it use to be before the upgrade...i just wanna get this straight so to make sure i wont go over the limit...does utv count both upload and download bandwidth in the cap or is just download..?? thanx in advance

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Search the forum ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Ken Shabby wrote:
    Search the forum ffs.
    No need to be so f****ng blunt.
    iggyman, they combined both last month which resulted in alot getting cut off. They seem to have gone back to the old way of measuring d/l onlyafter all the complaints but have said nothing official.

kaizersoze wrote:
    No need to be so f****ng blunt.
    There's at least 3 or 4 threads on this in the past couple months. Not searching is just pure laziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Ro-76

I had a bit of an argument with them about it recently, and they told me that it's now back to just downloads only. I am just waiting 'til Smart upgrade my local exchange, and will be immediately jumping ship!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Surely the best way to establish the postion in these cases is to ask the company concerned? Either email or phone them and that way in the event of a dispute you have the reply email (hopefully!) or a note of the phone conversation. In the event of a dispute telling UTv or whoever that someone told you on boards.ie that the position is 'Xxxxx' is not going to be much help!

However as posted above if you search in this case you fill find a post of a post in the UTV support group where Carl more or less clarifed the position.

But with UTV these days it is best to have it from them in writing I think!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

alri thanx lads..i might email them about it but it usually takes a month or something for them to reply to me..ill do it anyway..

and ken shabby shut the f**k up ya little tic i was asking a question ya dont have to pull a freaker at me..thats what this place is for finding out stuff and discussing it..i already saw them threads before i made this thread but it wasnt very clear for me..so i made this thread to try and make it clearer for me..rite..i dont know why ur so pissed off for..its only a bleedin forum get a life...

iggyman wrote:
    and ken shabby shut the f**k up ya little tic i was asking a question ya dont have to pull a freaker at me..thats what this place is for finding out stuff and discussing it..i already saw them threads before i made this thread but it wasnt very clear for me..
    Ah, so you're not lazy, you're a moron?
    so i made this thread to try and make it clearer for me..rite..i dont know why ur so pissed off for..its only a bleedin forum get a life...
    Such a grasp of the english language, brings a tear to my eye. Look, there's even a forum 'specially for you!

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=637

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Now Now Ken ye are both at fault.

Iggyman for not realising that he is tilting in a manner redolent with the utmost futility at one of the Great Panjandrums of Boards and wherupon he standeth on the precipice of bannings and scoldings and chastenings .

Ken for not telling Iggy that you cannot accurately search for 3 letter phrases or acronyms such as UTV on Boards and never could and Ken knows that :p .

Off to google you go Iggyman and type in or even paste in the following string with spaces and all for just for you .

boards.ie: utv AND cap

Forum search for "upload" turns up this thread and a previous thread on the first page of results. Took all of three seconds (and intelligence, obviously).

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Ken Shabby wrote:

Ken no need for name calling in fairness, put a end to it!

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote:
    Ken no need for name calling in fairness, put a end to it!
    Apologies for the disruption Cabaal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 308 ✭✭iggyman

Ken Shabby wrote:

Such a grasp of the english language, brings a tear to my eye. Look, there's even a forum 'specially for you!

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=637

sorry bout this mr mod man..but i just wanna get my last word in..

ok ken, moron is the gayest word going ya fag..only americians use that and there gay ..also if you called me that to my face you'd get a box..also i like the way ur best come back is slagging the way i write, so what if you dont understand words i use or if im missin some letters at the end of my words ..its how you speak that really counts not how you write..i again say get a life!!

now thats me finished ..thanx mr mod man and i hope you dont take this the wrong way but i had to get me last words in to tell him how i felt..bye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

you could at least spell those last words correctly...

Advertisement