Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prayer Requests / Testimonies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

And another prayer request - one of my friend's dad's is dying - may he have a peaceful death and I also pray that my friend and his family will have the strength to get through this very difficult time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,026 ✭✭✭kelly1

CathyMoran wrote: »
    And another prayer request - one of my friend's dad's is dying - may he have a peaceful death and I also pray that my friend and his family will have the strength to get through this very difficult time.
    Hello Cathy, I'll include you and your friend in my prayers this evening. Don't feel bad about asking for so much from God, he wants us to trust in His providence. :)

God bless,
    Noel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Hi guys,

would really appreciate some prayer for my 12 year old son who has just been rejected by his Dad. My ex. sent a text saying he now has only one son (we have two boys, one of which lives with the Dad.) I am naturally very concerned about my son and tbh at the moment am wondering where God is in all of this. I can cope with all the c**p life has thrown at me personally, but when it comes to my kids that's a different game altogether.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

I would be very grateful if anybody could recommend a prayer for me. I'm not especially religious but find myself saying ''Please God let X be ok.." during times of worry. I would like to say a proper prayer for someone I love very much to help make sure something turns out ok for them. If anyone could point me in the right direction of what to say it would mean more to me than googling something. If you could remember this in your own thoughts then that would be a bonus. Thanks for reading.

I would be very grateful if anybody could recommend a prayer for me. I'm not especially religious but find myself saying ''Please God let X be ok.." during times of worry. I would like to say a proper prayer for someone I love very much to help make sure something turns out ok for them. If anyone could point me in the right direction of what to say it would mean more to me than googling something. If you could remember this in your own thoughts then that would be a bonus. Thanks for reading.
    Hello MHB, I would suggest a novena (i.e. for 9 consecutive days).
    I like this one http://www.ewtn.com/devotionals/heart/sh_novena.htm

Sometimes we have to "storm" heaven when we need something badly.

In case you don't know the "Hail Holy Queen", it goes like this:

Hail, holy Queen, Mother of Mercy,
    our life, our sweetness and our hope.
    To thee do we cry, poor banished children of Eve;
    to thee do we send up our sighs,
    mourning and weeping in this valley of tears.

Turn then, most gracious advocate,
    thine eyes of mercy toward us;
    and after this our exile,
    show unto us the blessed fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
    O clement, O loving, O sweet Virgin Mary.

God bless,
    Noel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

Thank you Noel, very kind of you. I will certainly say that and hopefully post back when things turn out well. Best wishes to you and all the other posters in here -C x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭Phototoxin

Can people pray for me. This coming month I not only plan to propose to my GF if I'm able but also I've been ill with diabetes realted issued today. On top of that I have about 2 molecules of faith left which is twice as much as I had this time last year. So some general help and good vibes would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Alice1

Stay strong Phototoxin - lots of people praying for you and wishing you well. We all have a crisis of faith now and then. I hope your health improves and things go well with your GF.

Big hugs and warm wishes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

2 is better than none, I guess.

Keep working at it Phototoxin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Phototoxin wrote: »
    Can people pray for me. This coming month I not only plan to propose to my GF if I'm able but also I've been ill with diabetes realted issued today. On top of that I have about 2 molecules of faith left which is twice as much as I had this time last year. So some general help and good vibes would be appreciated

Sorry to hijack, but have you tried the long term illness forum for help with the diabetes stuff? We can give general help and plenty of good vibes, and I'll leave the rest to the man upstairs :)

• Advertisement

Can people pray for me. This coming month I not only plan to propose to my GF if I'm able but also I've been ill with diabetes realted issued today.
    I'll certainly do that and thanks for asking! :)
    On top of that I have about 2 molecules of faith left which is twice as much as I had this time last year. So some general help and good vibes would be appreciated
    At least you're going in the right direction! This is not any kind of judgment, but if you want faith, be humble and pray for it. God loves the humble and rejects the proud. But the very fact that you're asking for help tells me you have humility :)

May the Lord grant you faith!

God bless,
    Noel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭postcynical

Can people pray for me. This coming month I not only plan to propose to my GF

Does she read boards?:) ;) be careful what you wish for! And be supercareful what you pray for:eek:

I thank God for a lovely week hols I've had with my children. Despite the bad weather, we have had a great week and I'm so grateful for that precious time. Also during this week my health was really good which meant I could give more to my boys. Thank you Lord for the simple things in life...

Am really scared - I have been getting minor symptoms but they are getting worse - am afraid that the cancer is back - could people please pray that it is not back? Thanks.

Am so so sorry to hear this Cathy. I will continue to pray for a full recovery and a pregnancy. Take care of yourself...
    x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 acorns

Hi, Im heading into hospital on Tuesday to have a c-section. Im really scared and would be thankfull if you could include me and my child in your prayers.

acorns wrote: »
    Hi, Im heading into hospital on Tuesday to have a c-section. Im really scared and would be thankfull if you could include me and my child in your prayers.

Hey acorns,

don't worry too mcuh about this-I've had four of them and am here to tell the tale!! The plus side to elective c-section is you're aware of what's going on and awake when baby comes!
    Having said that, it ain't over till it's over and I'll keep you and baby in prayer...

x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I'm feeling pretty anxious about something and I'd really appreciate your prayers.
    Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 acorns

thanx slendour, all went ok. had a gorgeous little girl so thanx for the prayers.

Many thanks for the prayers all!

• Advertisement

Make that a double thanks guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭eimsRV

Please pray for my dear mother who died today so suddenly and too early. She has only become a grandmother for the first time to my darling baby girl. She is so selfless, and so devoted to our family, she is truelly a wonderful and most sincere woman. Please God my family will have the strength to get through this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

eimsRV wrote: »
    Please pray for my dear mother who died today so suddenly and too early. She has only become a grandmother for the first time to my darling baby girl. She is so selfless, and so devoted to our family, she is truelly a wonderful and most sincere woman. Please God my family will have the strength to get through this.

My sympathies on your loss eims. I pray your daughter will inherit all the qualities you respected in your mother. Hugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Greetings,

Myself and my wife are just back from CEF teens camp in Kilkeel. The teens were from Ballymun and Mulhuddart and all from very difficult backgrounds. It was tough in the beginning but praise God we really saw His hand in all that we done. I'm asking for prayer for the teens as they go back to thier families and the tough lives that they are used to. Praise the Lord some of them were saved during the week so please pray that God will be real in their lives and take centre stage. It really was a truly blessed time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 626 ✭✭✭chozometroid

This thread is awfully short.

I thank God for being with my wife and child through pregnancy. I thank God for blessing us with a healthy baby boy who is now 6 weeks old. God has been so good to us, and He has kept us on the right path. We surrender our lives to Him, and praise Him for walking with us.

Praise Jesus Christ our Lord!

am 6.5 weeks pregnant now but have had multiple miscarriages in the past 10 months, could you please pray that the pregnancy goes well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 internetmail09

Hi folks,

I would appreciate if you could pray for my wife and unborn twins. We are experiencing some several complications which means by wife will have the babies early (26-28 weeks). One of the babies is suffering from growth restriction and needs to put on some weight over the next two to four weeks to survive and its not looking too positive at the moment.

Thank you all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

Hi folks,

I would appreciate if you could pray for my wife and unborn twins. We are experiencing some several complications which means by wife will have the babies early (26-28 weeks). One of the babies is suffering from growth restriction and needs to put on some weight over the next two to four weeks to survive and its not looking too positive at the moment.

Thank you all!

That is a tough place to be. I am praying for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

I thank the Lord for getting me accepted into college for my B.A in hons Divinity, although now that I've got accepted I got to come up with the money to pay for it :eek: so I would kindly request that some prayers be prayed for me, that I get over that final hurdle.

In Christ
    Stephentlig

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

my fiancee is going into the doctors tomorrow and shes very worried about it all. Please pray for her.

God bless and take care,

Stephentlig <3

Advertisement