Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prayer Requests / Testimonies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

keano_afc wrote: »
    Hi guys, my wife is due to give birth this day week. Can you please keep her in prayer, she is beginning to get quite uncomfortable and restless.

Will let you all know how we get on DV.

Brothers and sisters, praise the Lord our daughter Sadhbh was born at 7 minutes past midnight today. Mummy and baby are great, she was in and out of the labour ward in only 45 minutes, which for a first baby is quite impressive I'm told! It was all of the Lord, mam was quite tired before the main event and God was with us all the way through. We serve an amazing Creator God.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Brothers and sisters, praise the Lord our daughter Sadhbh was born at 7 minutes past midnight today. Mummy and baby are great, she was in and out of the labour ward in only 45 minutes, which for a first baby is quite impressive I'm told! It was all of the Lord, mam was quite tired before the main event and God was with us all the way through. We serve an amazing Creator God.

almost a week to the minute after your last post - is your wife German by any chance? :D congrats Keano, delighted for you both.

tbh wrote: »
    almost a week to the minute after your last post - is your wife German by any chance? :D congrats Keano, delighted for you both.

Ha ha, thanks man. She's Irish through and through, but we do have an Austrian sister in law...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭lorweld

My mother has finished her cancer treatment, very tired and a little sick but in good form otherwise. Can I ask for prayers that her treatment has worked. Many many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭George83

If anyone could spare a prayer I'd be really grateful. I've just found out my auntie has terminal breast cancer & a very close friend is undergoing emergency surgery today for a brain tumour.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭harperlee

I would like to thank the virgin Mary for hearing my prayer. The past few months I have been utterly heartbroken after my relationship broke up after a very bad fight. I had not heard from him or seen him since the split, and as it was so bad I was sure we would never be on speaking terms again.

I started praying the 54 day novena yesterday and today me and my ex had a civil conversation after months of not talking. he said that there where no bad feelings. I feel so much better now as I hate fighting with people.

I was also praying for the holy souls of pugarty. Such a powerful prayer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭harperlee

O God, I offer praise and thanksgiving for favors granted and prayers, answered especially those obtained through the intercession of (N.,), who have faithfully and generously brought my petitions before You. Help me continually to see the workings of your grace and blessing in my life and strive always to live by the example of your Son, Jesus Christ, the Blessed Virgin Mary, and all the saints of heaven, especially those for whose intercession I have prayed.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭George83

Thank you to everyone for their prayers. I got news tonight that my friends brain tumour was benign, she will be discharged from hospital tomorrow and the doctors can see no reason for her not to make a full recovery.

That's really great news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bud10

Please, please Everyone pray my sister will be cured of this awful disease and give her strenght to get through her next operation. She has a young child and needs to focus on her family but can't. Please let her & her family get home for Christmas safely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭booksale

Please pray for a Divine intervention from my Saviour and my Love on an issue that matters to me a lot. That I won't overdo things myself, but have the patience and love to wait for the answer from Him. Please pray that the person involved would have the strength and courage from God and we can talk openly about the issue at God's time. May God bless every one in the situation. May God's will be done and may I praise the Lord for whatever comes out and have the faith that God does us good and God's plan is to prosper us but not to harm us. Amen.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭booksale

THANKS God for things happen for a reason. Please pray that God fixes all these for all of us. And that I can let go and move on completely totally without looking back. Please pray that the one I care can forgive me and himself for the mess and build a closed personal relationship with God in God's own good time. Amen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

Please pray for someone I know who has a chronic health problem, some small kids to rear / educate and property in negative equity. Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

If you could pray for the positive outcome of an upcoming exam for someone i know please, she is a genuine talent in an area but needs to do well in this exam to get interviews to return to college to gain qualifications to practice in this field.
    many thanks,
    Jess

I have a job interview on Wednesday for a company in London. I havent done one for a while, so please pray that my nerves will hold up and I'll give a good acocunt of myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭mariebeth

I have a job interview on Wednesday for a company in London. I havent done one for a while, so please pray that my nerves will hold up and I'll give a good acocunt of myself.

Best of luck, and will say a prayer that it goes well.

Had a job interview myself yesterday for a part-time position so if anyone could spare a prayer that I might be successful, I would really appreciate it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Myself and my wife found out that she is expecting our second born (Our healthy first born is just 7 months:eek: )

Please pray that we are once again blessed with a healthy child, and that there are no complications for mammy or baby.

thanks guys.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

JimiTime wrote: »
    Myself and my wife found out that she is expecting our second born (Our healthy first born is just 7 months:eek: )

Please pray that we are once again blessed with a healthy child, and that there are no complications for mammy or baby.

thanks guys.:)
    Congrats to you - we got pregnant (planned but not expected) 5 months after our son was born - she is at 30+ weeks now and we have a big scan for her on Thursday (we know that she is a girl).

Please pray that the scan goes well for her and that she is growing better than her big brother did.

howdy folks. My wife is pregnant, and we got some slightly worrying news yesterday. More tests needed, so if you could pray that we get the results we want, or the strength to deal it it if we don't, I'd really appreciate it.

update: we got the results we wanted and now have a strong and healthy five-week old who's growing like a weed. thanks everyone, sincerly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 boredathome

Hi all,

I'm starting the novena to St,. Martha on Tuesday and would love your prayers too in helping sell my house quickly, easily and profitably.

Many thx
    BAH

Oh St Martha, I resort to thee and to thy petition and faith
    I offer up to thee this light which I shall burn every Tuesday for 9 Tuesdays
    Comfort me in all my difficulties through the great favour thou didst enjoy when our Saviour lodged in thy house
    I beseech thee to have definite pity with regards to the favour I ask (mention favour)
    Intercede for my family that we may always be provided for in all our necessities
    I ask thee St. Martha to overcome the dragon which thou didst cast at thy feet.
    One Our Father, three Hail Marys and a lighted candle made known with the intention of spreading devotion to St. Martha
    This miraculous Saint grants everything before the 9 Tuesdays have ended - no matter how difficult.

With thanks and gratitude,
    BAH
    x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

Thank you Lord for giving me the strength to withstand the hatred of my enemies.

He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Boyfriend of cousin is in hospital after a motor accident with injuries to both of his legs and back. Please pray he comes through, as he's very poorly. He's an only child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Boyfriend of cousin is in hospital after a motor accident with injuries to both of his legs and back. Please pray he comes through, as he's very poorly. He's an only child.

Not as bad as feared. He should soon be able to use crutches. Keep him in mind still. His quad ended up in a river, and could have drowned had there not been some people who saw the accident, and pulled him out of the water. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Asry

One of my very close friends has disappeared. Please, please God pray for him, really really hard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Hi everyone,

I'd better say first that I'm not particularly religious and unsure as to what I believe in anymore due to having gone through a lot in the past few years, and the fact that just when I thought things were looking up fpr me, everything is falling apart again.

Anyway I'm sure some of you on here are closer than God to me and so I ask if you can pray for me for a number of things, one of them being that I find a job soon. I've been unemployed for almost a year now and can't find work and the situation is really starting to get to me.

Also I'm experiencing terrible difficulties in a relationship at the moment and I really need someone to realise how much I really mean to them and what they feel for me. I'm scared now in case they meet someone else and forget about me altogether as things are not going well between us at the moment. Please pray that the relationship will go in my favour.

Thanks everyone for reading this and praying for me.

Hi everyone,

I'd better say first that I'm not particularly religious and unsure as to what I believe in anymore due to having gone through a lot in the past few years, and the fact that just when I thought things were looking up fpr me, everything is falling apart again.

Anyway I'm sure some of you on here are closer than God to me and so I ask if you can pray for me for a number of things, one of them being that I find a job soon. I've been unemployed for almost a year now and can't find work and the situation is really starting to get to me.

Also I'm experiencing terrible difficulties in a relationship at the moment and I really need someone to realise how much I really mean to them and what they feel for me. I'm scared now in case they meet someone else and forget about me altogether as things are not going well between us at the moment. Please pray that the relationship will go in my favour.

Thanks everyone for reading this and praying for me.

I'll keep you in my prayers, but if I could offer advice - it's often better to pray for the strength to deal with things as they are, rather than to pray that things will turn out a certain way. I mean that with the greatest of respect - sometimes we think we know what we want, but it's only after we don't get it we realise it wasn't the best thing for us. I really hope things work out for you tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

I'll keep you in my prayers, but if I could offer advice - it's often better to pray for the strength to deal with things as they are, rather than to pray that things will turn out a certain way. I mean that with the greatest of respect - sometimes we think we know what we want, but it's only after we don't get it we realise it wasn't the best thing for us. I really hope things work out for you tho.

+1. I've learned to accept over the past few years that things don't always happen as I'd like for them to happen. I've learned to accept that God actually has a plan for my life and I trust that His plan is ultimately for the best. I usually pray God if it is in your will let X happen, otherwise please show me what you want for me and help me to do what you want me to do.

Also thanking God when things are going well rather than just ignoring Him in the good times. If God has been good to you, don't forget it. He has been good to you. Actually, even if things aren't going well for you, remember what good has happened in your life until this point. God has a plan for you, ask Him what it is!

It's the subtle difference between God as Lord over all and God as a puppet at our disposal. If God always did everything He wanted His will wouldn't count any more. Trusting Him is key and it isn't always very easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭teaandtoast

Can you pray for me. I know there are many many people far worse than me also from reading the prayer requests here, there are people who need prayers more than me but I would really appreciate someone to say a pray for me. I am in a relationship that is not going well but it's very hard for me to get out of because i really have got no one else and i am very isolated and lonely. Only the thought of how lonely I was before i got in this relationship is too much to take. I tried to join a Christian church a few months ago but I got more depressed because most of them are doing the life thing and have families and children and of course they talk about them. There are no one in my situation there and no one who would understand my situation. I am nearly 30 years old, I have no friends, not much of a family. I havn't done much with my life until last year I had a lot of problems since I was 19 had been depressed most of my 20s and it took me over. I went back to college as a mature student I will be starting a 3 year course, don't know how I will cope.

Maybe my boyfriend will become a better person. I really want to have a child one day, I think that will be a good reason to stay with him. I know that is not right but I know how loneliness and isolation feels and I really don't think I have the strenght to go throught that again. Life is for hard on your own especially for a woman and person like me I am sure there are others in the world who are in the same situation as me. I am healthy Thank God.

I really need to find something good like a good Christian church where I feel I belong. Can you please please pray that I will be directed and guided towards good Christian church where I feel like I belong I really want to get back to living the Christian life I know what is where my happiness is and it makes me very sad when i see where i am at and what I have become right now because I used to pray, and try to follow the Word and I used to strive to try to live a Christian life but that all changed when i met my boyfriend a few years ago. Its my fault but it's very hard to get out of this relationship first of all I don't want to hurt him, I wish he would meet another woman so he won't be hurt and I don't know how to cope with loniness again. Please pray he will meet a woman he loves and who loves him and Please pray I will find a good church to prevent the loneliness and isolation I am feeling. Thank you for reading sorry its very long

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭teaandtoast

Thanks for reading it, its long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I will be going for my delayed 4 year scan soon (it has been delayed as I had my daughter just over 8 weeks ago). It is scary for me as I have always been told that it would be terminal if it returns. Could you please pray that my scan will be clear.

Advertisement