Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prayer Requests / Testimonies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

CathyMoran wrote: »
    I had my daughter just over 8 weeks ago

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Could I ask for your prayers for a friend, who needs to overcome a few of the obstacles that are in her way currently, both emotionally and in a more materialistic (financial pressures) way.
    With thanks
    Jess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Hi everyone,

I'd better say first that I'm not particularly religious and unsure as to what I believe in anymore due to having gone through a lot in the past few years, and the fact that just when I thought things were looking up fpr me, everything is falling apart again.

Anyway I'm sure some of you on here are closer than God to me and so I ask if you can pray for me for a number of things, one of them being that I find a job soon. I've been unemployed for almost a year now and can't find work and the situation is really starting to get to me.

Also I'm experiencing terrible difficulties in a relationship at the moment and I really need someone to realise how much I really mean to them and what they feel for me. I'm scared now in case they meet someone else and forget about me altogether as things are not going well between us at the moment. Please pray that the relationship will go in my favour.

Thanks everyone for reading this and praying for me.

Well as expected nothing worked out for me. The relationship ended and I still haven't got a job.
    I was unsure as to whether or not I believed in God before, but now I know for certain that I don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭mike5

+ The heart that truly seeks - and keeps on seeking - [loves - and keeps on loving] Me is the heart that "finds" Me.

"find" - to discover or perceive [in this case, the true Nature and Character of God];

...."You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart".... Jeremiah 29:13

...."Blessed [happy, enviably fortunate, and spiritually prosperous - possessing the happiness produced by the experience of God's favor and especially conditioned by the revelation of His grace, regardless of their outward conditions] are the pure in heart, for they shall see [both know and understand] God [Ps. 24:3, 4]!".... Matthew 5:8 The Amplified Translation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Alice1

My Mum had cancer (non Hodgkins Lymphoma) 6 years ago. She recently found some new lumps on her ankle and had a biopsy today. We have to wait a week or so for results however, they said at the hospital that they are "highly suspicious". Please pray for her. Many thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭Keaton

Well as expected nothing worked out for me. The relationship ended and I still haven't got a job.
    I was unsure as to whether or not I believed in God before, but now I know for certain that I don't.

God works in mysterious ways, and often he writes straight in our lives with very crooked lines.

Please be patient and trust that things will work out in time. Even if things look desperate from a human perspective, there is always hope. I pray that you may see a chink of light in this time of difficulty. That light is the grace of God which promises a brighter tomorrow and an eternal day.

I would ask for prayers for myself and for my family. I am unemployed at present, and in a bit of a hole in various ways, and there are serious family problems. Please spare a little prayer for the love and mercy of Jesus Christ to flow into the hearts, souls, and minds of us all, that peace, gentleness, kindness, and a spirit of forgiveness and mercy may be alive in our family, and that the process of healing and conversion may come about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Can we pray for my Aunty who's getting a cancer test today - she hasnt been well for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭sing_dumb

Some prayers please for a good and decent person, ill with stress and worry over the upcoming Court Case of a close relative, who is an out-and-out addict. This addict deserves everything they get, but, maybe prayer will lesson the effects of their wrong actions on innocent others, who do not deserve the hell they are now living through.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Alice1

Alice1 wrote: »
    My Mum had cancer (non Hodgkins Lymphoma) 6 years ago. She recently found some new lumps on her ankle and had a biopsy today. We have to wait a week or so for results however, they said at the hospital that they are "highly suspicious". Please pray for her. Many thanks.
    We got my Mam's results today and unfortunately, she has cancer again. Thanks for all your prayers and do please, if you think of it, continue to pray for her.
    The support here means so much, thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Can I ask for prayers for my friend and his family who today received some terrible news. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

Please pray for our sister in Christ, Hannah. She's been living in the West of Ireland for seven years now and has repeated appeals regarding her application for Political asylum on the grounds of religious persecution refused. She's from pakistan and had to flee her country when her employers son (a student Mullah-student of Sharia law), challenged her regarding her faith during the trouble regarding the Danish cartoons.

Since she fled, her immediate family have be subject to awful persecution on the part of the authorities. Her life is in real danger, and what with the blasphemy law in Pakistan, we fear for her future.

Please pray that the Irish government will have mercy on her and give her the protection she needs.

This is just a little link regarding the effects of the Blasphemy law...

http://www.hrsolidarity.net/mainfile.php/1999vol09no07/1143/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭superstoner90

hi my mother went in to hospital the day before yesturday and the doctors found out that she has a cyst on her overy , please will you say a prayer , her name is rosin, thanks in advance

Alice1 wrote: »
    We got my Mam's results today and unfortunately, she has cancer again. Thanks for all your prayers and do please, if you think of it, continue to pray for her.
    The support here means so much, thank you.

im so sorry to hear that il keep you in my prayers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

ss90 my thoughts are with you and your family.

efb wrote: »
    ss90 my thoughts are with you and your family.

my mum had the operation for the cyst and it when really well and there is no sign of any cancer so the doctors are very pleased , so thanks very much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

My wife is coming very close to giving birth. Please keep her and baby in your prayers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Thank you for your prayers. Healthy baby Girl born at 5.30 this morning. Mum doing great too. It went extremely smoothly, and hospital staff were an absolute dream. And this was going public:eek:

Thank you Lord, for your gracious blessings on this undeserving servant. Amen.
    thats two tiddlers under a year and a half for Jimitime. Be warned Boardsies, grouchy posts ahead ( Yes, imagine that, I can get even grouchier!!):)

Dada go sleep sleep now.....Zzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

Thank you, God, for helping me overcome the troubles and the difficult time I've been through. I can finally see the end of it, I just need to remain strong a little bit longer and the storm will have passed.

Thank you for wiping my tears and looking out for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

Trolling deleted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

My husband is having an operation later this week - I would be greatful for prayers that he is OK and that the results are good. I am also going for blood tests today so would appreciate prayers that the tests are OK.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Keylem

My Mom is having spinal surgery tomorrow morning and I would appreciate your prayers for good results, she has been in terrible pain for a long time, and has no quality of life.

Thank you!

God Bless!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Keylem

Thank you so much for all your prayers, I really appreciate it. Mom's surgery went well, and is still in some pain, which is due to to the surgery. Hopefully when the healing begins, the pain will subside.

Many, many thanks once again!

God bless all!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Abundant Family Church

If anyone within the Dublin region would like us to Pray with you for any reason, please get in touch with us via a private message and we will be glad to help in anyway we can - with God's blessings - Pastor Paddy Keegan - Abundant Family Church.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I am in the middle of a cancer scare at the moment - if it is back it is terminal so I am understandably scared, especially as I have two babies (21 and 7 months) that I want to see grow up.

I would appreciate prayers.

My husband is also going for surgery tomorrow so I would appreciate prayers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,686 ✭✭✭✭PDN

CathyMoran wrote: »
    I am in the middle of a cancer scare at the moment - if it is back it is terminal so I am understandably scared, especially as I have two babies (21 and 7 months) that I want to see grow up.

I would appreciate prayers.

My husband is also going for surgery tomorrow so I would appreciate prayers.

Cathy, I know from your various posts that this has been an ongoing battle for you. Our church has a prayer meeting where we'll be praying for you tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭AnnaStezia

I'm not religious but here goes.

My elderly mother has fallen in to a deep state of ill health with multiple problems and is presently in hospital. I am her sole carer and our situation is desperate. I cannot get support from family or the professions that should be there for her. They are all very polite but useless on a practical level and I am meeting nothing but administrative obstruction and evasion and excuses for not doing things.

I just cannot see any solution for her. It is heart breaking because she is such a beautiful soul herself and needs the right care in these days of her life.

We need some kind of miraculous intervention to bring a solution and I do not mean her demise. Please will you pray for us that a solution will present itself and that there may be a future for whatever years are left to my dear Mum.

Yours with little hope and much desperation....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭AnnaStezia

AnnaStezia wrote: »
    I'm not religious but here goes.

My elderly mother has fallen in to a deep state of ill health with multiple problems and is presently in hospital. I am her sole carer and our situation is desperate. I cannot get support from family or the professions that should be there for her. They are all very polite but useless on a practical level and I am meeting nothing but administrative obstruction and evasion and excuses for not doing things.

I just cannot see any solution for her. It is heart breaking because she is such a beautiful soul herself and needs the right care in these days of her life.

We need some kind of miraculous intervention to bring a solution and I do not mean her demise. Please will you pray for us that a solution will present itself and that there may be a future for whatever years are left to my dear Mum.

Yours with little hope and much desperation....

My beloved Mum has just died. I feel distressed and afraid of the future without her. Please pray for her soul. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Plowman

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

AnnaStezia wrote: »
    My beloved Mum has just died. I feel distressed and afraid of the future without her. Please pray for her soul. Thanks.

May she RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

How about we include the missing DCU student Pygmalion / Paul in our prayers? And pray he will return safely.

Advertisement