Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prayer Requests / Testimonies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 472 ✭✭UrbanFox

Could I please ask you to pray for a relative of mine - call him G. He has suffered a traumatic bereavement and is in very serious emotional distress as a result. Please pray that he will get every help. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

I was given the OK a few weeks ago but one of my friends is in the hospice (he was diagnosed with the same thing) and is not good - I would appreciate prayers for him and his young family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Paul's body was recovered from the Liffey a number of weeks ago. RIP Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

prinz wrote: »
    Paul's body was recovered from the Liffey a number of weeks ago. RIP Paul.

:( Yeah I was following up on that - Actually, a few prayers for his family wouldn't go astray. RIP Paul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Would you please pray for G. He has fallen in to a fairly savage state of depression and anxiety following a terrible trauma. The trauma has passed but he is left with immense emotional damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

My darling husband is in hospital with a blockage due to active crohns - could you please pray that he is OK. I am lost without my soulmate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

My girlfriend got the news that further (more intensive) treatment along with a stem cell transplant is required to cure her of hodgkins lymphoma, the chemo has an extremely high cure rate but the concern of ours is her fertility will be compromised.
    Please pray that God will intervene in every way he can.
    If he can do it for sarah and other faithful women who were given the same news.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Alice1

Alice1 wrote: »
    My Mum had cancer (non Hodgkins Lymphoma) 6 years ago. She recently found some new lumps on her ankle and had a biopsy today. We have to wait a week or so for results however, they said at the hospital that they are "highly suspicious". Please pray for her. Many thanks.

My Mum passed away very peacefully on Monday of Holy Week. I want to thank everyone here who prayed for her.

Many thanks
    Ali

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭WickedWest

My sister has bipolar disorder and it's definitely strained her relationship with God - please pray that she'll find her way back to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭harperlee

Hi,

I went through a very hard time 12 years ago, I was given this prayer to Saint Jude and I was helped so much that my life changed for the better.

Last month I hit a bit of a bad patch with losing my job and it really got me down, I just happened to find this prayer that I used 12 years ago in an old diary while I was looking for something in the garden shed, I said the prayer and have a feeling of renewed hope that everything will be ok.

This is the prayer:

St Jude, come to my assistance, in my need that I may receive the consolation and help of heaven in all my necessities particulary, (MENTION REQUEST) and that I may praise God with you and the elect throughout eternity. I promise you O' blessed Jude to be ever mindful of this great favour and I will never cease to honor you. You are my special pardon and I will do all in my power to encourage devotion to you.

Say this for 3 Days and publish immediately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 thorny.rose

I know this may seem trivial compared to everything here but it was something I found trouble some all the same. I was hurt, emotionally, from a brief fling where he betrayed my trust with what appeared to be a lie. We'll call him M. He didn't rectify the problem and it seemed as if he didn't care. I was disappointed and upset and left hanging in the air. The very brief relationship failed. I expressed my hurt and frustrations back at him doing some nasty things, emotionally, to him like insulting him and belittling him. I didn't mean to do this and I am so so sorry for any hurt that I may have caused him.

Please pray for M. I hope he heals. I hope he is in a safe place. I also hope that he is good and well and comfortable and I wish him all the very best for now and the future. I am so, so sorry M. I shouldn't have done what I did. Please pray for him and his family.

Please keep M in your prayers and pray that he is well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭AnnaStezia

Please pray for the soul of my dear friend Vera who died recently. Her death has left a lot of us deeply upset because she was such a lovely person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭AnnaStezia

Please pray for my cousin G. He has suffered a particularly damaging emotional crisis and is on the edge of a total breakdown. If we get him intervention through our prayers we could save him from disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Would really appreciate prayer for my wife. She is looking for work and had 2 interviews earlier on this week. Unfortunately both came back with a no, so she's a bit down at the moment. Please pray that God opens the door for her to find the job He wants her to have.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭qrrgprgua

This family needs all our prayers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-18752313

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Alice1

My daughter, aged 13, is going in to Cappagh Hospital on Tuesday 7 August for major spinal surgery. I would be very grateful if you could please remember her in your prayers.

I would be very greatful for a prayer for M, please. I slipped up again and made contact but not nice words were said.

I really do hope and wish he is not suffering.

Prayer too for me please so that I can move on, heal and get better emotionally from M and hopefully wont have major consequences for the trouble I caused.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Prayers needed for a lady with tremendous religious faith who has suffered a recurrence of cancer.
    Please god that the Lord will take her before she suffers any more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Jessibelle

Could I ask to be included in your prayers for the next few weeks please? Thanks. J

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Girlfriend is being admitted into hospital today for 6 days of high dose chemotherapy and stem cell transplantation. Would appreciate prayers as this feels like the biggest hill to overcome that we've faced so far.

God is good. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭totus tuus

ryanf1 wrote: »
    Prayers needed for a lady with tremendous religious faith who has suffered a recurrence of cancer.
    Please god that the Lord will take her before she suffers any more

Praying that she will have the strength to submit to the will of God!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

totus tuus wrote: »
    Prayers were answered during the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

ryanf1 wrote: »
    totus tuus wrote: »
    Prayers were answered during the night.

My sympathies. RIP.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 annie06

My Dad has been diagnosed with cancer. I would really appreciate all your prayers. He is a great Dad and while I am a practising Catholic, I'm finding it difficult to pray. I suppose I am mad with God.
    Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Rasheed

^^^^ Completely understand that. Please God your Dad will be ok.

I'm having a real hard time accepting the hand I've been dealt with my health, no hope of an improvement.

I feel really lost and alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Rasheed wrote: »
    ^^^^ Completely understand that. Please God your Dad will be ok.

I'm having a real hard time accepting the hand I've been dealt with my health, no hope of an improvement.

I feel really lost and alone.

There's at least one person praying for you tonight. You're not alone my friend.

tbh wrote: »
    There's at least one person praying for you tonight. You're not alone my friend.
    Thank you so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 annie06

Rasheed,
    I am sorry to hear that.Try to have hope.I know its hard but where there is life, there is hope, take care

• Advertisement

annie06 wrote: »
    Rasheed,
    I am sorry to hear that.Try to have hope.I know its hard but where there is life, there is hope, take care

You too Annie. And hopefully your dad will be ok, God is good. If mysterious at times.......

I'm going to Lourdes shortly, I'll remember him.

Advertisement