Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prayer Requests / Testimonies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

ryanf1 wrote: »

The horror of what this family is going through doesn't bear thinking about. No parent should have to endure losing a child to suicide and to have a double suicide in one family is so so tragic. My heartfelt prayers are with the family and all the young people associated with them. RIP Gallagher sisters...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭totus tuus

Please pray for my neighbours who lost a son tragically a couple of days ago. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Please pray for my daddy, he got off the ventilator on the 17th and out of ICU shortly afterwards but he is getting an angiogram on Friday to see the extent of the damage from his heart attack, they were working on him for 75 minutes on the 16th of November so he is very lucky to be still here but he is has been my best friend all of my life so I would love for him to be around for a long time to come.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭NUTLEY BOY

Please remember all who died during 2012 and those left to grieve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Petermull

I have prayed this powerful prayer almost every day for over 20 years now and find great comfort in it.

O most beautiful Flower of Mount Carmel,
    Fruitful Vine,
    Splendour of Heaven,
    Blessed Mother of the Son of God,
    Immaculate Virgin,
    assist me this my necessity.
    O Star of the Sea,
    help me and show me herein you are my Mother.

O Holy Mary,
    Mother of God,
    Queen of Heaven and Earth,
    I humbly beseech you from the bottom of my heart,
    to succour me in this necessity; [Request]
    there are none that can withstand your power.

O, show me herein you are my Mother,
    O Mary, conceived without sin,
    pray for us who have recourse to thee. (3 times)

Sweet Mother,
    I place this cause in your hands. (3 times)

God Bless,
    Peter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Let's pray for the family, friends and colleagues of Detective Garda Adrian Donohue, gunned down in the line of duty last night. It's so easy to forget the vital work our emergency services do, and so tragic when someone pays the ultimate price.

Please pray for a very close family member who has suffered a miscarriage, and for her husband.

Benny_Cake wrote: »
    Please pray for a very close family member who has suffered a miscarriage, and for her husband.

I will pray for them at the Solemn Novena of Our Mother of Perpetual Help, this evening!

totus tuus wrote: »

I will pray for them at the Solemn Novena of Our Mother of Perpetual Help, this evening!

Very kind of you totus tuus, it's greatly appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Prayers on their way...

My mother in law is in her final few days/hours - please pray that she has a peaceful passing.

CathyMoran wrote: »
    My mother in law is in her final few days/hours - please pray that she has a peaceful passing.

Sorry to hear about your MIL. I have offered up the Chaplet of the Divine Mercy for the dying, may she be safe in the arms of Jesus!

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Praying for your MIL...

My daddy is back in A&E and my son has a bad ear ache - could you please pray that they get better (there is no change on my mother in law).

My mother in law died in the early afternoon after a long a.nd brave battle against lung cancer - please pray that we all have the strenght to get through this and that she may rest in peace.

My mother in law died in the early afternoon after a long a.nd brave battle against lung cancer - please pray that we all have the strenght to get through this and that she may rest in peace.

Sincere condolences on the loss of your MIL, may she Rest In Peace!

Deepest condolences to you and yours, may she rest in peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,080 ✭✭✭lmaopml

There is a thread on AH about Paul Byrne who went missing over Christmas in the Rush area - His family must be distraught as they still don't seem to have any news of him at all......A picture of him is in the OP.

There is another search organised for Saturday in the Rush area. Please pray that he is found safe and well, and ultimately that his family get some closure soon. This must be horrendous for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Wowreally?

lmaopml wrote: »
    There is a thread on AH about Paul Byrne who went missing over Christmas in the Rush area - His family must be distraught as they still don't seem to have any news of him at all......A picture of him is in the OP.

There is another search organised for Saturday in the Rush area. Please pray that he is found safe and well, and ultimately that his family get some closure soon. This must be horrendous for them.

My friend, I will pray for Paul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭hames

I would like to share this very special prayer with any of you who do not know it.

I learned it from a 19th century, tattered prayer book I found when I was going through a very difficult period of my teenage years and I said it every day for perhaps two years. I still repeat this prayer from time to time, and it has been enormously helpful to me and I hope it brings comfort to any of you who need it too.

A NOVENA TO ST. DOMINIC

O renowned champion of the faith of Christ,
    most holy saint Dominic, who didst renounce the honour and dignity
    of an earthly principality to embrace the poor,
    laborious, and mortified life
    which should distinguish a disciple of Him Who has said:
    "If any man will come after Me,
    let him take up his cross and follow Me."
    O burning torch,
    who being thyself consumed with the fire of divine love,
    didst incessantly labour
    to enkindle that sacred flame in the hearts of others,
    look down upon me from that throne of glory
    where thou enjoyest the reward of all thy labours,
    and obtain that some sparks of that blessed fire
    may be lighted in my soul,
    to animate and encourage me under any crosses or trials
    with which it shall please the divine goodness to visit me.
    Thou, O great Saint,
    regardest as nothing all the afflictions thou didst endure,
    and all the toils thou didst undergo for the promotion of God's holy cause;
    obtain, I beseech Thee, that the same
    ardent love which strengthened thee,
    may make sweet to me labours, humiliations, disgraces,
    or whatever other mortifications
    I may have to suffer for the Name of Jesus.
    May I ever bear in mind that nothing can happen to me
    but by the particular dispensation of a God
    Who is infinitely wise,
    and therefore knows what is best for my welfare; infinitely powerful,
    and consequently able to effect it;
    and above all,
    infinitely merciful and loving,
    Who has laid down His life for my redemption,
    and continues daily to give new proofs of His love and bounty.
    O tender Father of the poor who,
    when all other resources were exhausted,
    didst offer thyself for their relief,
    obtain for me that true spirit of compassion for the suffering members of Jesus Christ,
    which shone forth so conspicuously in thy holy life.
    May I, by charity to those whom Jesus so dearly loves,
    lay up for myself treasures in heaven,
    where thou now enjoyest that which the eye hath not seen,
    nor the ear heard,
    nor the heart of man conceived,
    but which God has prepared for those who love Him,
    and who prove themselves His Disciples
    by the observance of His Divine precept - love one another.
    I praise and thank God for the high degree of sanctity
    to which He had raised thee,
    and the special privileges
    by which He has distinguished thee.
    I conjure thee,
    by that gratitude with which thou shalt for all eternity
    be penetrated for thy Divine Benefactor,
    implore for me the grace to root out of my heart
    whatever is not agreeable in His sight, especially that evil habit
    by which I most frequently offend Him.
    Obtain likewise the favours I request in this Novena,
    through thy powerful intercession.

(Here specify your intentions)

O glorious Mother of God,
    Queen of the most sacred Rosary,
    thou who didst love Dominic with the affection of a mother,
    and were most tenderly loved and honoured by him,
    look upon me, for his sake, with an eye of pity,
    deign to join with him in presenting these petitions
    to thy most Blessed Jesus.
    I sincerely desire from this moment
    to love Him with all my heart,
    and serve Him with all my strength,
    and now place myself under thy powerful protection,
    as a sure means of obtaining all the graces necessary
    to serve Him faithfully here,
    that I may eternally rejoice with Him hereafter.
    Amen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

JimiTime wrote: »
    My friends little 2 year old has been diagnosed with a particularly nasty brain tumour. Please, please ask for Gods grace in this. He's too young for radio-therapy, so Chemo will start soon. If the chemo doesn't work, they'll have to go with radio which they've been told will most likely leave him brain-damaged:(:(:(

Again, please pray for Gods great mercy. I don't feel I am in a good place myself spiritually speaking, so those of you resting in the strength of God, please pray hard. Thank you all.
    I'm sorry to repeat myself, I'm sure you guys are keeping him your prayers. I'm just reiterating it. Your prayers are truly needed. Please God grant your great mercy.

Thanks Splendour. He's responding well to treatment and has taken his first steps again since the worst of the symptoms displayed themselves. He's coping very well, and apart from obvious moments of overcoming emotion, his parents are also very positive and coping.

Again, thank you, and everyone for your continued prayers.
    Hello everyone again. Just to update you on the progress of my friends little boy. An MRI revealed his tumours have gone (A source of great joy when that news was given). Unfortunately though, just 3 days ago, his parents were told that cancerous cells are still being detected in his system (Forgive my lack of knowledge, but this is how I understand the diagnosis). He has also started to go deaf, allegedly as a result of the chemo, and now more chemo is needed :( Please continue to keep him in your prayers. God is good, let his mercy be given.

Just to let you know, the boy in questions cancer is now in Remission!!:) For those who kept him in your prayers, may I offer you my sincerest gratitude. Please continue to keep him in your prayers.

All glory to God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

In keeping with good news. We have been blessed with the conception of baby number three. That'll be 3 kids under 3 :eek: (Think I'm cantankerous now? wait 'til I'm on here after dealing with 3 toddlers :) ) Anyway, Please keep mammy and baby in your prayers. God is good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

I'd be ever so happy if you could pray for me or send me a kind thought :o

I've gone through so much lately with stress, broken dreams and sadness (and that awful guilt for feeling sad). The good thing is that I've done really well so far. I have made some tough decisions and I'm keeping on keeping on. Could you please help me pray for the strength to ride out this storm altogether? I would truly appreciate it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Can we offer up Prayers for Nelson Mandela and all he achieved in this life. May god look after him in heaven

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 478 ✭✭Stella Virgo

post any prayer requests here to the shrine of saint anthony.
    http://www.shrineofstanthony.org/book/view-petitions.html?User=FRR19916&Limit=25&Start=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

amicizia wrote: »
    Please pray for my sister,it's her funeral today.Also could you please pray for my mom and dad and my family that we will get through this and please pray that I get through the song that I have to sing without crying.X

Am so so sorry for you and your family amicizia-will keep you all in prayer. Don't worry if you cry while singing, I imagine most of those present will be crying along with you...
    May God's strength be with you, your family and friends in the coming days/months/years...

amicizia wrote: »
    Having surgery tomorrow,please pray that I will be alright.X

Will keep you in my prayers amicizia, it's been a tough time for you lately. Be sure to let us know how you're doing.

amicizia really needs everyones prayers now. I would be greatful if people could pray for her.

• Advertisement

amicizia really needs everyones prayers now. I would be greatful if people could pray for her.
    Please pray for the soul of the lovely amicizia who passed away this morning. RIP

Advertisement