Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prayer Requests / Testimonies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭kryptonmight

Thanks Benny.

I've been praying and praying for some help and relief and it kind of feels like God isn't listening. Sometimes I think he is. I was laying on my couch the other day, feeling very low, thinking about how there was no point going on and wondering what it would feel like to just end it all. I was dozing a bit but all of a sudden a jolt went straight through me and woke me up. Of course it could have just been me being in that half asleep/half awake zone but I kind of felt like it was a message from above.

I just wish he would answer my plea and take away this worry and stress just like before.

Thanks for the prayers. I got good news and the source of my anxiety and depression has gone. I know I still need to go get help in order to avoid crumbling again in the future, but at least now I can think straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,279 ✭✭✭Lady Chuckles

I'm happy to hear you got some good news and that you're feeling better :)
    Do mind yourself, krypton :)

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Ande1975

Hi All,

I just found this thread today (wished I'd found it weeks ago).
    I am going through some personal and financial situations that are causing me anxiety and depression. I have started praying daily now and it has eased it somewhat but I continue to pray that it all works out just fine.

Thank you,
    A

Ande1975 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I just found this thread today (wished I'd found it weeks ago).
    I am going through some personal and financial situations that are causing me anxiety and depression. I have started praying daily now and it has eased it somewhat but I continue to pray that it all works out just fine.

Thank you,
    A

I will dig out a bible passage that helped me with stress a while back, hopefully it will help you too :)

• Advertisement

I will dig out a bible passage that helped me with stress a while back, hopefully it will help you too :)

Thanks Kryptonmight - anything that can help is greatly welcomed.

Matthew 6:25. From here http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+6%3A25-34&
    25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life/SIZE][URL="http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+6%3A25-34&#fen-NIV-23310a"][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0066cc]a[/COLOR][/SIZE][/URL][SIZE=2?
    28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Unfortunately 2014 has come to a real poor start for me and my one. We got the message this morning that grandma died :(
    If you could, I'd love some help with praying for her and for the ones she's leaving behind. Especially grandpa.

I sure hope the rest of the year can be filled with nicer things than death :)

Unfortunately 2014 has come to a real poor start for me and my one. We got the message this morning that grandma died :(
    If you could, I'd love some help with praying for her and for the ones she's leaving behind. Especially grandpa.

I sure hope the rest of the year can be filled with nicer things than death :)

Sorry to hear that. Will try to send some good thoughts and prayers your way.

Thank you so much, krypton :)

I like this thread a lot, it's full of so many loving and caring people.
    Thank you all for being you :):)

• Advertisement

I sure hope the rest of the year can be filled with nicer things than death :)[/QUOTElo

So sorry for your loss. Your poor Grandpa. Losing a loved one is tragic and reminds us to appreciate what we have right now.
    I really want to move closer to home to be nearer my parents. There's been a few near misses in recent years and I don't want to regret anything. Even if it means uprooting my life. I pray this will happen soon.
    Praying for your family at this sad time xxx

Kryptonmight and all,

I had to respond as I read this passage, prayed and in the most strange, obscure, unimaginable situation arose today when I was flying back from a business trip when I ended up sitting next to someone who was the answer to 2 of my prayers. I cannot believe it. Saint Jude, Saint Anthony, Saint Claire, The Blessed Virgin Mary and the Sacred Heart and all of Heaven had my back. I am the luckiest and most grateful girl ever. I called my mum to tell her and she just said you seem to have the best of luck in the world and I just said I don't...its the power of prayer and THEY listen :)
    Don't ever give up.

Love to all xxxx

Glad to hear it Ande.

Its funny how things work. I was very depressed last week and in an extremely dark place. I was laying on the couch half dozing and thinking very dark thoughts when a jolt went through me and woke me up. It could have just been that half awake/sleep thing but I felt like it was God telling me to wake up and stop what I was thinking.

The next day the depression was still there and I was praying and begging for help. About an hour later a friend text'd me out of the blue asking me how things were. An hour or two later, another friend text'd to ask me something. I also have been in a job for a few months that I haven't been enjoying so much, then last week, out of the blue, my old boss phoned me up and offered me a job back where I was working.

I guess someone up above was looking out for me.

I also have to say that I think praying the rosary is one of the most powerful things you can do.

I also read an interesting quote. When you pray, God has 3 answers: Yes, Not yet, and I have something better planned.

Kryptonmite!
    I am delighted to hear that about you too...
    Its amazing how things just seem to work out when you ask for help. I know its so hard to keep faith but even when I was away from home this week in an amazing city. I prayed and prayed on the way to work, during a break in work and after work. I was stressed and depressed but yet I was heard.
    So happy for you. Try and stay positive and I am going to also (as well as light a candle) x

• Registered Users Posts: 5 soozindahouse

Everyone, can you please please pray for me? I'm so so scared right now. The other day I found out that my (now ex obviously) boyfriend had been using the services of prostitues, not just here, but also abroad. I'm absolutely and utterly TERRIFIED in case I've caught anything from him now. I went to the doctor yesterday and had STD tests done, but it's going to take a week for the results to come back. I've gone through some really bad stuff before in my life, but I have never, ever been as scared as I am right now. Please, anyone who reads this, pray that my results will come back all clear. I need all the prayers and help I can get.

Everyone, can you please please pray for me? I'm so so scared right now. The other day I found out that my (now ex obviously) boyfriend had been using the services of prostitues, not just here, but also abroad. I'm absolutely and utterly TERRIFIED in case I've caught anything from him now. I went to the doctor yesterday and had STD tests done, but it's going to take a week for the results to come back. I've gone through some really bad stuff before in my life, but I have never, ever been as scared as I am right now. Please, anyone who reads this, pray that my results will come back all clear. I need all the prayers and help I can get.

Sorry to hear that sooz. I'll try to remember you in my prayers. May I also suggest praying the rosary. It really is wonderful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Seem to be a few people here going through a rough time at the moment. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

I need some prayers please. I'm in a bad situation that I just can't see a way out of. I can't go into details here, but someone has a hold over me and has the power to ruin my life. Please can you pray that this person won't do this to me and won't hurt me in that way. That everything will be okay.

I need some prayers please. I'm in a bad situation that I just can't see a way out of. I can't go into details here, but someone has a hold over me and has the power to ruin my life. Please can you pray that this person won't do this to me and won't hurt me in that way. That everything will be okay.

Sorry to hear that Rhubarb, will certainly keep you in mind. If i can suggest something, I definitely recommend praying the rosary. It has really helped me recently, especially when things seemed very bleak and like there was no way out.

^^^ Sometimes, even just holding the rosary in my hands comforts me a little :)

I will of course keep you in my thoughts and prayers, rhubarb. I hope things will get better soon.

• Advertisement

Thanks everyone. I'm going through a really bad time in my life right now. Up until a few weeks ago, I was so happy and had what I thought was going to be an amazing future in front of me. Now it's all changed and I don't know where my life is ever going to go. Everytime I'm in a good place, something seems to happen to ruin it. I just want to be loved and happy in my life, and I don't think it's ever going to happen for me. I'm upset and hurting so much right now.

It will happen. You will have love and all the good things in life :)
    Have faith and stay strong (easier said than done of course, but it helps). Maybe confide in friends and family?

May the things that upset you so vanish soon.

Let's pray for the people on the missing MH370
    I pray they are safe and will be found soon.

Let's pray for the people on the missing MH370
    I pray they are safe and will be found soon.

I completely agree, although unfortunately I don't think it will be a happy ending :(. Still, I am praying for those poor passengers and their families.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Hi all. Can I please ask you to say a few prayers for me? I'm going through what feels like the worst period of my life to date. And now it might be going to get even worse. I need help. Please pray for me.

Going through hell. Help me please, St Jude, St Rita, St Anthony, St Therese. Please please let G just leave me alone. Please let him stay away from me and my family. Don't let him destroy my life. Help me somebody please. Anybody who reads this, please pray for me.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 478 ✭✭Stella Virgo

Going through hell. Help me please, St Jude, St Rita, St Anthony, St Therese. Please please let G just leave me alone. Please let him stay away from me and my family. Don't let him destroy my life. Help me somebody please. Anybody who reads this, please pray for me.

say this prayer for protection...
    Saint Michael the Archangel,
    defend us in battle.
    Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
    May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
    and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
    by the Divine Power of God -
    cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
    who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.
    Amen.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

For the soul of Fr. Frans van der Lugt, a Jesuit Priest, shot in Syria last week and for peace in that land.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Paul Gerard

Hi all,

I think we can all resonate with this prayerful request.
    Lets all pray that Christianity is no. 1 in Ireland this Easter.

Here is what I mean http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFIncNOi01E

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Frada has especially requested an atheist to make a prayer for him for his exam results on Tuesday.

So, this is it, pray for Frada, best of luck with the results. :)

Advertisement