Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Does bluetooth run down the battery?

• 12-03-2006 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭

Somebody told me that leaving Bluetooth on eats into the battery, does anybody know if this is the case?

Also, is there any other reason why I should turn it off when I am not using it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Well, its another transmitter running on the phone, of course its going to use power.
    Also, is there any other reason why I should turn it off when I am not using it.
    Bluetooth is a popular method of spreading mobile phone viruses (virii?).

All in all its like everything else, only put it on when you need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Bluetooth is a popular method of spreading mobile phone viruses (virii?).

It only spreads virii from and to Symbian phones so a 6230i or similar would be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Yes. It drains more power.

There are security risks associated with bluetooth enabled devices.
    Particularly more so when the device is set to dsicoverable/visible & simbian-based (As Pythia pointed out.)
    http://www.thebunker.net/security/bluetooth.htm

(I wouldn't lose any sleep over it though...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ash h

Yea not much people in ireland have s60 and the likelihood of getting a virus is slim.You can get anti virus apps for phones though if your really worried.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Defo EATS the battery

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,508 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

ash h wrote:
    Yea not much people in ireland have s60 and the likelihood of getting a virus is slim.You can get anti virus apps for phones though if your really worried.

Hmm don't know about that, any given day in work I can scan using bluetooth and find maybe 4-5 6680's alone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭ash h

But would you feel at risk of being sent viruses by them?

Advertisement