Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speedo Cable

Options
  • 12-03-2006 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've got a little problem after finally replacing the LED in the dash... I pulled the whole dash gently towards me, so I could reach behind. Now, the connection unclipped in the middle but I think the speedo cable has somehow become loose because my speedometer does not work anymore! I noticed that when I push the whole thing back into the connection in the middle, the right side kind of pushes itself a small bit forward again because of the speedo cable is longer than it should be (since I pulled it all forward). I also noticed that there is no long beep anymore when I turn on my lights when the ignition is off... I presume this has something to do with the speedo cable.

Any idea what I can do here? I've tried pushing it in properly from behind to no avail. Could it be on the other end of the speedo cable? Where would this be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭maidhc

Any idea what I can do here? I've tried pushing it in properly from behind to no avail. Could it be on the other end of the speedo cable? Where would this be?

There must be something else left unplugged or not seated right. Most cars take have an electronic speedo nowadays, even when they have analogue clocks. I presume they take the feed from the ABS sensors.

If it is some form of block connector see if a pin is bent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Its a 96 Car though, Tigra..

There is the slot in the middle for the electronic connector and then there is a cable coming out of the back of the speedometer as well.

Advertisement