Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whatever happened to the Skatman?

Options
  • 12-03-2006 7:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43,931 ✭✭✭✭

Didn't he die?

EDIT: The ghost of Boards.ie has struck again! :eek:

EDIT 2: Yep.. from his Wikipedia entry:
    John Paul Larkin (born March 13, 1942 in El Monte, California; died December 3, 1999 in Los Angeles), known as Scatman John, was a famous stutterer who invented a unique fusion of scat singing and disco. As he liked to say, this was a process of "turning my biggest problem into my biggest asset." Scatman John has received 14 golds and 18 platinums for his albums and singles. He was also the recipient of the Annie Glenn Award for his outstanding service to the stuttering community, and was also inducted to the National Stuttering Association's Hall of Fame. In 1999, he died of lung cancer at his home in Los Angeles aged 57.

PS: The video's crap.... mainly due to it doesn't suit the song! The song they played when they showed it on Soccer AM was much better. Can't recall what it was right now though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭slipss

So you all remember the Skatman? "I'm the Skatman, be bop bop bop bo bo".
    Remember how much people loved that song and then he just disapeared? It turns out he forged himself a new career as a motorbike racer. http://www.break.com/index/skatmanrace.html

This might just be the greatest clip on the internet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭hiscan

i think he died although im not sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

Oh my god I never knew he died. :( he was great! still have some old cassettes from him..

be bop bop boda bo bop bop bo

For fucck sake ye's had to tell me he died didn't ye's, I haven't been this depresed since someone felt compelled to tell me Mr. Miyagi died on here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Atrocity

If you look up and see the brightest star in the sky, that's him. Burning in hell for all eternity.

basquille wrote:
    Didn't he die?

EDIT: The ghost of Boards.ie has struck again! :eek:

EDIT 2: Yep.. from his Wikipedia entry:

PS: The video's crap.... mainly due to it doesn't suit the song! The song they played when they showed it on Soccer AM was much better. Can't recall what it was right now though.

lol the video completely suits the song.... I mean the guy is doing the Skatman for crying out loud...

Advertisement