Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chip seasoning

• 12-03-2006 8:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭

What's that flavoured salty stuff they put on chips in places like TGIs and Eddie Rockets? I really love it and want some to put on my chips too! It's not just plain paprika.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭MaxBax

I don't know. It's kinda rusty coloured? It's nice. What I like putting on my chips is a ketchup mixed with black pepper. Very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

it could be cayenne pepper

i sometimes put aromat on my chips instead of salt, along with the cayenne pepper, its v. tasty. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭N_Raid

I asked in eddie rockets before and they said it was just paprika. But I tried it at home and it just didn't taste the same. don't know about tgi's though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

If this is the same stuff that is used in chippers in germany all it contains is paprika mixed with salt, possibly throw in some aromat if it doesn't have enough taste for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Chicken stock powder and Paprika, of course a little MSG always brings out the taste, or should I say Umami ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭plonk

Its full of MSG it could be aromat

Advertisement