Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How far ahead are episodes made?

• 12-03-2006 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭

A colleague was recently in Thailand and came back saying he had bought the entire Season 2 of Lost on a few DVDs. Now, we all laughed and said he'd been conned and sure it was only halfway through in the US.

He doesn't follow it himself, so he wouldn't know Jack if he saw it (both figuratively and literally) so he had bought it for his wife. Last time I saw him he said his wife said it was actually the full thing. Now the rest of us are wondering should we take a peek anyway if he brings it in... I quite like the waiting bewteen episodes as it gives us something to talk about :D

The main reason I ask is that I've seen posts on various forums commenting on how the makers have responded to feedback from viewers. For example, S02 E15 answering a lot of questions (although raising more) after a few episode where the plot development was slow (although the character development was greay imo). If this guys wife has said she thionks it's the full thing, is it possible that it may be a "pre-broadcast" version that may be subject to change/edit?

Or is she talking sh1te? :D

I guess I'll have to get them off him to see...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I think I remember them saying they are normally 3 episodes ahead of what has been aired. Even if they have been getting ahead of themselves with all the breaks no way has the whole season been shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Wasn't season 1 released on DVD in two halves? So it could be the first half.

Definitely not the entire season though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I think I remember them saying they are normally 3 episodes ahead of what has been aired. Even if they have been getting ahead of themselves with all the breaks no way has the whole season been shot.
    That's kinda what I felt myself. If it is just the first half as Steviec suggests, maybe she hadn't watched the full thing when he told me it was the real deal...

I think I'll have to text him now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭digiman

It really is as simple as this, if the whole season had somehow been leaked everyone would be downloading it of the internet and it would probably even make the national news, so he definitely does not have the whole of season 2.
    I think it depends a lot of the time how many episodes are made in advance, say for example as of the last episode was aired in America was the 15th of season 2, at that stage they could be 3 ahead but becasue of the 3 week break by the time the 16th comes back on they could have another 3 made in the mean time.
    It would be extremely unlikely that ABC would let any episode leak on to the internet before it is aired on ABC, these things are treated with the highest of security.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

Yep, I got him to bring them in to work today, and sure enough, he was duped. We :D

It was as far as episode 9, but the packing said "Lost. Complete Season 2", the poor fool. Although to be fair, he doesn't give a crap as he doesn't even follow it :)

Plus, it only cost him about €1.50...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Yeah i was going to say, the max he might have gotten was 10-15 not the whole season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

They'll finish filming the final episodes for the year around April 15th, giving a complete month of post-production (as would be the norm for most episodes.) Security on the finale might be extra-tight so I wouldn't be surprised if there were a few additional scenes filmed in the week following the 15th, but overall they're only ever finishing episodes (in a finalised form) as quickly as a week before broadcast. (That's the case with most US TV productions too.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Mcgraner

i also know some1 who got them in thailand but it's just the first 12 of season 2 because episode 16 is only on wednesday in america

Advertisement