Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Places to play basketball in Limerick

Options
  • 12-03-2006 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

hi
    where can i find a place to play some basketball.
    to rent a hall or something like that.
    or maybe there are any courts outdoor.
    thanks

p.s. sorry for my english.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭limerick_man

there are some outdoor courts in housing areas (as far as i know very few, and they are all old and horrible nets). The best place in the country for basketball is right here in limerick, The Limerick Lions home court is the University Sports Arena, the courts there are rentable.

If you wanted a court in the city centre best place is probably the Grove Island centre (Corbally) .. i'm almost certain they rent out courts!

Also most schools have courts too, so if you can get in.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭hobie

Recently had a walk around a new park almost completed in Shannon ..... they had put in a combined mini football / basketball court .... really class setup with a lot of money spent ..... very fancy combined goal/basketball arrangement ..... returned a few days later .... all the steel work on one end for the basketball setup had been torn down .... contractors in so I asked them, will you repair it? :confused: nope !!!! ..... taking away the basketball hardware and replacing the football goals with very simple steel frames ..... :(

Oh well .... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

cbs gym on a thurs nite at 9pm ;-)

Advertisement