Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Can i shoot HD CAPTURE HD EDIT HD AND EXPORT SD?

• 13-03-2006 12:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Can This Be Done?
    Shooting On Hd Edit Final Cut 5,
    Export As Sd?
    What Are Advantages/disadvantages?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I wouldn't imagine FCP has a down convertor built in. Advantages.... it can be played on more machines. Disadvantages, it's less quality.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Freelancer

man wrote:
    Can This Be Done?
    Shooting On Hd Edit Final Cut 5,
    Export As Sd?
    What Are Advantages/disadvantages?

Hang on see when most people say "can I edit HD" they mean HDminiDV. Is that what you are on about?

There does seem to be an issue with most people posting here. They seem to think there's a limit to the number of characters they can use on a post. Details always seem to be lacking ;)

John

Lump wrote:
    There does seem to be an issue with most people posting here. They seem to think there's a limit to the number of characters they can use on a post. Details always seem to be lacking ;)

John

Most people when they talk HD are talking that bastardisation HD MiniDV, which isn't true HD.

LOL.... Bastardisation ;) I know very little about HD tbh, we don't use it much in work, we get the odd tapes from HBO that are HD, all/most of our HD editing work is done in Bristol, although they've been running free demo's of HD for clients over the past while in London. There's 2 proper HD suites in TVC, loads of FCP/Avid HD machines knocking around too, but not set up for HD.

John

• Advertisement

And I'm not really familiar with the exact codec of HDminiDV its just when most people on this forum claim they're shooting HD, they generally mean HDminiDV, which unsurprisingly isn't going to have the same down converting issues as true HD to SD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭moonboy

yes as far as i know you can down grade hdVEE to standard def.

Advertisement