Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Weird One

• 13-03-2006 1:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Right, so out last night.
    Drunk but not wasted.
    Got chattin the a girl and ofcourse I was only out for one thing.
    I didn't get it but I did get her number.

I have no real interest in seeing her (sober) and wasn't all that attracted her anyway. Ofcourse blanking her is the first thing that comes to mind but I don't liek the thought of leaving her hanging...it's rude and all. Should I tell her the situation or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭AngryBadger

What situation exactly? I'd leave it go, if she wasn't offering it up last night she either wants to test you, (essntially see how far you'll go for sex), or she's sizing you up as a potential bf, either is bad as far as I'm concerned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭metrovelvet

It would be a refreshing change if men stopped their lying bs.

Why dont you tell her the truth if she contacts you. If your not interested dont ring. Thats how it works. Capisce?

It would be a refreshing change if men stopped their lying bs.

Because as we all know women never ever lie, right? Am i right? :rolleyes:

Men, particularly Irish men, inmo bring it to a whole new level. It really is amazing. It is no coincidence that Ireland is a nation of great fiction writers, from the bus time tables to the excuses men have for their irresponsibility, the imagination of the Irish male is yet to be surpassed.

Men, particularly Irish men, inmo bring it to a whole new level. It really is amazing. It is no coincidence that Ireland is a nation of great fiction writers, from the bus time tables to the excuses men have for their irresponsibility, the imagination of the Irish male is yet to be surpassed.

ah c'mon, that's just horse biscuits. irish women are AT LEAST as bad as irish men.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Lets not drag this off topic into who plays what games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Oh dear god. :rolleyes:

Someone get the fire extingushier(sp), we have a bra on fire.

If she rings, either blank her or tell her. Either way it doesnt matter, she'll get the hint.

lol

Ha ha. Thats funny. I spend good money on my bras for my ladies. Im no bra burner believe me.

OP why do you want to tell her unless you still want some sort of contact? What would you say? "I misled you. Im not really interested in you, I just wanted to get in your pants. "

99% of women assume that until they see sufficient evidence of something else anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Amazotheamazing

Quote of the year. Men and women are as bad as each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

OP,

If you have her number and she doesn't have yours - I'd delete the no & move on....I've never expected a call from the guys I've given my number to and so if/when he called it was a complete surprise....I don't think she'll be too broken hearted if you don't call.....best of luck :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Nice one, the catch is she doesn't have my number so therefore won't contact me.

Yeah I'm not interested but she deserves to know, yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

You met a girl in a pub and you're stressing over how bad it will be if you dont get in contact with her. You must have too much time on your hands, this isnt something big or terrible. Maybe she was drunk and felt the same way, I doubt shes getting anxious looking at her phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

girls never expect guys to get in contact anyway, just dont do anything and save her the bother of getting her hopes up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Ag marbh

Femmy wrote:
    girls never expect guys to get in contact anyway, just dont do anything and save her the bother of getting her hopes up.

This isnt true. Every number I have ever asked for and recieved I have always contacted them but whether that developed into something is a different story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Jibber wrote:

Well then - you've just answered your own question! ;)

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

You want to phone her just to tell her your not interested? Save yourself the few bob for the phone call, cos really, why bother, itd just be an awkward conversation neither of you needs to have. She will assume you werent interested anyway:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

em, can I get two pints of bitter, a gin a bitter, and bitter lemon. Thanks. :rolleyes:

...whats that ticking noise???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,844 ✭✭✭py2006

Zulu wrote:
    em, can I get two pints of bitter, a gin a bitter, and bitter lemon. Thanks. :rolleyes:

Here, here! I think somebody has been dumped one too many times!

OP, what are you worried about? She may have given you a false number anyway!

If you have absolutely no interest in this girl even as a mate then I wouldn't bother!

How does it go again for them, "if he doesn't all by the 4th hour of the 4th day after meeting he isn't interested" or something stupid like that!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Just a thought... she may be saying 'oh christ, who did I give my number to? Hope that drunk guy i met dont call....':D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Yep, the general advice is to move on, she gave you a fake number anyway ;) And she was a bloke ;)

:D

Just messin witcha... But yeah, not worth losing sleep over, you probably won't see her again, and her feelings of rejection will soon subside I'm sure

• Advertisement

Zulu wrote:

...whats that ticking noise???

Oh please. Yes, I'll have that and get the man a sense of humour and put it on my tab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Heh, nice comeback.

Back on topic please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hairy muff.

I just thought it'd be decent of me to tell her the truth, incase she was expecting something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭hepcat

Jibber wrote:
    Nice one, the catch is she doesn't have my number so therefore won't contact me.

i.e. you want to tell her you don't think she's attractive or anything, it was just, like, a drunk thing where you wanted a shag. You are so sweet and thoughtful, Jibber. Of course she "deserves" to know this. (Cos naturally she is just pining away waiting for that call). Ah, doesn't it restore your faith in Irish men ;) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,966 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Jibber - lets this be a lesson to you, do you see what happens when you try to be nice?
    I see your concern, and have on occasion felt that way - lord knows you don't want to feed to the already massive pool of bitter wenches out there! But there really is no need. As someone already said it'll only lead to an awkward conversation no one wants to have.

Advertisement