Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Season 2 - Review (spoilers for IRL)

• 13-03-2006 1:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭

Ok so what are all your views on Season 2....and hopes for season 3?

Personally I thought the direction the season took, from start to finish was superb. Very few filler eps and in general great stories and character development. A few good twists and side plots kept me glued to every minute.

I'm going to have to watch the whole thing again, there's so much I know I've forgot already. From mutiny to reconcilliation to finding earth-map to permanent settlement to ultimate deception....it really had it all.

as for Season 3, I would like to see the resistance on New Caprica take it's time and not flash by in 1 or 2 eps. The writers have got themselves a great position now and can really go anywhere with this. Adama & Son try to rebuild a fleet with little or no help, I can see a makeshift military with perhaps with Tom Zarek in there somewhere!?

They are taking the p*ss with October though.....thank god for the world cup to keep me somewhat amused....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭ivan087

***SPOILERS THROUGHOUT***

really delighted with season 2. i thought it got a bit slow in the middle, but maybe it was needed to add more debt to the characters.

like you, i hope they take their time on new caprica. i thought it was a good move to make, taking the story away from space.

the fringe characters also seem to be getting more focus by the end. i can see the chief making a run for president at some point in the future.

i also like the way the writers are letting us get glimses of the cylons on caprica. hopefully they wont over do it in S3, making us wait for a while before we fully understand what makes them tick.

what is so great about the show is that they dont hide away from such important issues as religon in politics, importance of democracy, rigging elections, abortions, etc.

well i could go on and on. i cant fault this show. theres been a few sh!!ty episodes, but for a series that knocks out 20 episodes, a few duds can be excused. and calling them duds is a bit harsh! always above average.

its the best thing on tele and a pity that most people wont be open to give it a look just because it is in the sci-fi genre.

i frackin love this show!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

ivan087 wrote:

its the best thing on tele and a pity that most people wont be open to give it a look just because it is in the sci-fi genre.

Totally agree, there are so many people I've been raving about this too who have laughed at it just because it's set in space. A shame really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

I'm a sc-fi fan and I can't warm to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I was so enjoying it up will season finale...then it just all took a dive into WTF-land.
    I mean we had several eps from 12-19 that could only be considered filler, and then in the 90 minutes of ep 20 we span a f*cking year and a half? A space faring people, living in godamn tents?? I really honestly thought that the whole post-encampment thing was going to turn out to be the drug fueled hallucinations of Baltar and that he'd wake up and that'd be it...but cylons back from nowhere to rule a planetary settlement? Okay season 3 will make for good viewing, since we'll have what's left of the fleet on the run and the ground based stuff....but I'm sorely disappointed with what they did in ep20.

This has prolly been discussed on another thread here but I don't see one on the front page so I'm gonna bitch in this one instaed. Like I say, it was great up until they decided to do their time warp thing.

Advertisement