Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Anytime, Dodgy Connection...

Options
  • 13-03-2006 1:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭

Im with Eircom Anytime 150 hours/month.
    Im using ISDN and about 7/8 days ago my connection started acting very strangely.
    Im currently dialing into 1893150150.

My problem basically consisted on my connection 'hanging' and refusing to do even the simplist of tasks.
    It would be intermittent at best, load the first half of a webpage just fine and then hang and refuse to load the rest.
    Upon inspection of my connected screen, I noticed I was getting LOADS of 'Recieved' Errors.
    Now I don't know if this was normal but I assumed it wasnt.

I then tried a 1890.... number and it was "fine", I was still getting recieved errors but I could actually do something.
    I tried another modem, a USB one this time and I still got the same errors.
    I've uninstalled both but still get the same problem.

Attached is a printscreen of my connection after only a few minutes.
    I've tried using both channels but still the same problem.

Now my questions, is this an ISP problem or is it one that can be sorted on my end?
    How would I go about getting it fixed?
    Is it down to 'traffic' from everyone around me (which I doubt since I live in the country).

Cheers in advance for any help.

sorry about any bad spelling :P

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

A dodgy line or a dodgy ISDN TA or a dodgy cable in your house.

Start with the cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

checked cable was fine.
    Going to call Eircom tomorrow and ask them whats going on...

Advertisement