Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Scopes/Bipods on Ebay/net

Options
  • 13-03-2006 3:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi, I was just wondering is there any legal issues with buying such things as scopes and bipods on the net and bringing them into this country. Any help greatly appreciated. thanks Karl

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Rafer

No problem with scopes and bipods just the customs can catch you for some money if coming in the post from the States

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

Not if it is second hand stuff,which if it is on ebay ,it most likely will be.It wont be worth their while under a certain value.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

bought my Leupold (new) on Ebay from the States, arrived no problem, vendor put a value on the customs declaration as 50dollars. Would be a problem getting refund on insurance if it got lost though!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭SteveS

Is there a significant difference in price on optics in Ireland vs. the US?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Huge diff as far as i can tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

Massive! I got a 3.5-12 X 50 VXIII Leupold for 550euros delivered, The UK price is this in Sterling! Irish Prices probably more again.

This is the place I dealt with, very quick delivery, less than 2 weeks.

http://stores.ebay.com/Smart-Gunner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

I've had good retail experiences with Jon and Tammi over at The Optic Zone, no messing about with spurious amounts on the documentation though, so be prepared for the customs charges. Still worth it, IMO.

I've also gotten bits and pieces from http://www.gunaccessories.com/.

Advertisement