Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scratched Disc

Options
  • 13-03-2006 3:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭

I got King Kong for xbox360 from the trading board on boards.ie (from paddyjdunne) a few weeks ago. Unfortunately got home to discover it was scratched and stops working when it tries to load the first level. Big ring of scratches probably caused by moving the console when it was working. So got in touch with the owner and we arranged to swap back and he apologised and everything, but soon after he basically became uncontactable and hasn't logged onto boards in quite a while either.

So I'm wondering what my options are, I know it was my own fault for not being careful enough and I'm not going to be able to do anything about that, but just trying to think of how to get the cd fixed. I was reading the manual and it basically says to enclose the game and receipt in an envelope and send to this address, but I don't have a receipt and I dont fancy just dropping the game in a post box and hoping for the best. I've also dropped into a couple of shops in town saying I lost the receipt but to be honest I just get guilty about lying and don't fight my case at all so haven't had much luck there.

So I was wondering if maybe someone has a receipt for the game that they're sure they won't be needing or any better ideas...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Keep the faith. As a mod of the Trading board, similar problems have come up before, where a user has seemingly vanished after a trade has gone wrong. Almost always it works out fine though - the user may just have limited net access, gone on holiday or any number of things. How long since you last spoke? Did you get any contact details from him? How did you swap the games?

nakey

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Did you move the xbox? If you did do that, it's your fault really because there's a whole list of posts telling people not to attempt to move the xbox while a game is in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

To get it working for a while put it in the freezer for about 10 minutes, then play it. Unfortunatley this is great for PCs as it gives you long enough to copy the contents to your HD. Dunno about 360 and multi loads.

Could get ti cleaned in any dvd rental shop or game.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

These scratches that occur when the console is moved are bad man, a perfectly formed deep ring around the outer edge, i dont think cleaning will help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Keep the faith. As a mod of the Trading board, similar problems have come up before, where a user has seemingly vanished after a trade has gone wrong. Almost always it works out fine though - the user may just have limited net access, gone on holiday or any number of things. How long since you last spoke? Did you get any contact details from him? How did you swap the games?

nakey

Seems you're right, he actually just got in contact with me today. It had been a couple of weeks - said he was on holidays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Don't care. Thread locked. Whinge about dodgy trading elsewhere.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement