Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepaid Credit Card

Options
  • 13-03-2006 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post so feel free to move it. I'm kinda sick of the way 3V Cards work and the €5 surcharge when topping up the card is a bit of a kicker. Just wondering if there are any good alternatives that actually give you a proper Visa card that can be used in a retail environment such as a resteraunt or whatever...

Also I'd be looking for something that can easilly be topped up via bank transfer or something like that.

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Get a card with a low limit on it? That way you have to "top up" anytime you want to buy something expensive ... should help you control spending?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I'm not really interested in getting a proper credit card, want one that's like the 3v in that you have to top it up but no interest or transactions fees etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

There's absolutly no reason for a company to produce one of these mate, how would they make money out of it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

There are companies in the UK that do it just wondering if there were any Irish alternatives.

Advertisement