Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance quote question

Options
  • 13-03-2006 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks

Just a quick Question about getting a quote from tesco. They ask what is the area of main use is. I drive from my house in Laois to Waterford city 4 days a week. Most of the journey is naturally thru Kilkenny. What do I say is the area of use, Laois,Kilkenny or Waterford city?

Breakdown of journey is my house, Laois-Kilkenny border=15 miles
    Kilkenny to waterford border is 45 miles and the final 3 miles is in Waterford.

Thanks for your input.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Do they not mean what your usage of the car will be - social, domestic and leisure as opposed to business use? I would just put down your county of residence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They ask area of use.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Close your eyes, pick one, write it down.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Go with Laois as that is where the car is driven 7 days a week.

Ok, I am just afraid of any problems that could result in the event of a claim thats why I want to be as honest as possible with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

I usually put the place where the car spends most of its time.
    This is usually the place where it would sit overnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Bond-007 wrote:
    Hi folks

Just a quick Question about getting a quote from tesco. They ask what is the area of main use is. I drive from my house in Laois to Waterford city 4 days a week. Most of the journey is naturally thru Kilkenny. What do I say is the area of use, Laois,Kilkenny or Waterford city?

Breakdown of journey is my house, Laois-Kilkenny border=15 miles
    Kilkenny to waterford border is 45 miles and the final 3 miles is in Waterford.

Thanks for your input.

Are you living in Rathdowney 007? ;)

close enough! :D Try 4 miles out the Templemore Road!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

"Area of use" is just to void the policies of people who drive in Cork, but put down their "residence" of Co. Mayo. If you actually live most of the time where you will be receiving your mail, then "area of use" is reasonably deemed to be your home county.

Thanks for that Seamus.

• Advertisement
Advertisement