Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL in Kilcoole

• 13-03-2006 12:30pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just got a new line into the house as the old one was just in the muck rotting also go my internal wiring done properly does anybody else have dsl in kilcoole acording to magnet:rolleyes: "we have customers there" does anybody know if they use eircoms database for line pass' ?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

if it's any help to you my brother has just recently got eircom's 2mbit package in woodstock.

and i know this as i'm currently having a pain in my ass trying to work out how to connect to the wireless.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Thanks Cremo thats south kilcoole on the Newtown mount Kennedy exchange :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭Borris

im down the sea road and can get bb with magnet

eicom have only about 5 or 6 custs in kilcoole with okish service, there just on the border of the exchange.
    magnet on the other hand can offer the service with no probs, since there running ADSL2+, unlike eircoms ADSL2.

i should have my modem from magnet on monday :-) or so they say.. ah even if its in another week i dont care, its faster than waiting for eircom!

:-)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

Borris wrote:
    im down the sea road and can get bb with magnet

eicom have only about 5 or 6 custs in kilcoole with okish service, there just on the border of the exchange.
    magnet on the other hand can offer the service with no probs, since there running ADSL2+, unlike eircoms ADSL2.

i should have my modem from magnet on monday :-) or so they say.. ah even if its in another week i dont care, its faster than waiting for eircom!

:-)

Eircom is ADSL Magnets 2mb Package is also ADSL there other packages are ADSL2 so basically your just getting the same as Eircom your on the NTMK exchange hence on the outskirts of the service where the rest of kilcoole is on the Greystones exchange and cannot get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 WhatName

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. But I am potentially Moving to Greystones from UK and need Broadband, is it likely to be available there?

Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement

sorry to say your wrong. Eircom have been on ADSL 2 for quite some time.
    thats why there realising 6 to 8 MB lines later this year.

If you refrence this http://www.dslprime.com/a/adsl21.pdf you will find out more.

Magnet can right now offer 24mb broadband over copper... only adsl2+ can do that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

I'm in Beachdale, and it seems only the resident eircom tech or his buddies have broadband in the estate so far..... so Magnet is the way to go? When I go the maget site and try sign up it says 'Your exchange is available in 14 months
    Exchange Code : GRSD'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

WhatName wrote:
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place. But I am potentially Moving to Greystones from UK and need Broadband, is it likely to be available there?

Thanks in advance.
    Yup. Plenty of services available - Eircom, BT, etc...

na, i know a eircom engineer in beachdale has bb, but thats just a trial.

the only main provider to phone line broadband is magnet with there ADSL2+.

there is a ****ty wireless company in kilvcoole too. but its wireless over satilites, like pings min of 700ms! forget that!

I know eircom, bt, utv etc cant provide to kilcool. if one could they all could over eircoms equipment.
    magnet are the only ones running the ADSL2+ for the moment, so im going with them, in fact modem is due monday!

becides its only a 6month contract, then a 1month rolling contract after that, so if eircom are in kilcoole by then, hell see what the can offer.
    magnet did also say in 14months they can offer kilcoole the enterainment package, with 8MB down, 512up :-) thats what you, DubOnHoliday priced. but it will allow you to get the small 2mb package, which well is better than dialup!!!
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 johng2004

hi
    i just installed 2mb bt broadband on friday all works fine, i am getting a wireless router tomorrow so if anyone has problems let me know

• Advertisement

any probs with the 660-RU , just message me :-p

Advertisement