Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leaving Negative Feedback for "buyer"

• 13-03-2006 12:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

OK, heres the story.

Two weeks ago an American bidder won an auction for a book I was selling. His auction closed on the same days 3/4 others and so I packed his book with the others and headed to the post office. My intention was to stamp but not send his, as it was the only unpaid item.

Of course that all went out the window in the post office, when i ended up posting them all.

So next day I send a reminder (2 days passed since close of auction), and check out his feedback - 98% positive, and one negative (poor communicaiton, slow payment). No Panic, I thought, this guy still has over 40 pieces of positive feedback, and no negatives in over a year.

I sent a second reminder 4 days later. No payment. Last week I reported him to E-bay. Still nothing.

By now the item has porbably arrived, so I reckon I can give up hope on payment.

I am going to send an e-mail today, threatening the following:

Dear (username)

On 27 February you won an auction for (item / link). To date I have not received payment, or any communication from you regarding payment.

Please deposit (amount) by PayPal within 48 hours of the sending of this e-mail.

If you fail to do so, I am going to leave the following negative feedback:

"No payment, no communication, pain-in-the-ass, rip-off e-bayer. Do yourself a favour and ignore".

I look forward to your payment ...

Thing is, I have never left negative feedback, and I don't want to be retaliated against.

Has anyone advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭PTL

take out the pain-in-the-ass bit cause people reading it will see that and think your not a serious seller, just say the scam parts etc. And hope you get your money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,595 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Bottom line - If he refuse to pay then give him negetive feedback.
    But Ebay recommend that you give him a chance i.e. he could be on holidays/sick etc

http://pages.ebay.com/uk/community/answercenter/index.html

He will probably leave retaliation feedback. If he does be sure to countercomment it with an explanation

happened to me before and i sent a letter snailmail to him and got a reply quiet fast once they realise duhhh they have my address :) and everyone has friends all over the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

In fairness you were stupid to post it without receiving payment upfront. Harsh lesson but you're luckly it wasn't a more expensive item.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,381 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The buyer has not ripped you off, you have ripped yourself off by sending something that you did not get paid for. The buyer is guilty of not sending you payment therefore you need to start the unpaid item process with ebay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Genghis

Yeah, realise the stupidity (its always helpful to have it pointed out, though :)).

Thanks for all the advice. I didn't mention that I have started the unpaid items procedure with E-bay. So I can look forward to apx 80c rebate!

Going to send the e-mail now, without the pain-in-the-ass reference.

I also like the idea of the real-world address thing - only discouraging point would be how long it'd take to turn around the correspondence between us ...

The time i done the real world address was after about a month of not recieving an item i paid for and sure once you get it in the end its worth the hastle

Advertisement