Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SKY+ with SLx Link Remote Control Extender

• 13-03-2006 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

http://www.beststuff.co.uk/slx_link.htm

So I bought this nifty little device that should allow me to watch SKY PLUS on the 2nd TV and change the channels back at the original SKY+ digibox.

Plugged it in as per instructions (RF Output 2). Nothing.

Someone mentioned that there may not be enought voltage getting to the device to power it and that there is a hidden menu on the SKY menu where I can change that?

Anyone have the steps, if indeed it's possible?
    Any other things to try trouble shooting?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

services ----4----0----1---select

option no 4

then make sure RF outlet power supply is ON

Save new Settings.

Check the coax cable also as if there is even a strand of outer-core touching the inner core causing a short the power will be switched off for safety.

Shouldnt really be a problem with length, ive tested an eye working on a run around 25mtrs long.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭DaDa

Sparky-s wrote:
    services ----4----0----1---select

option no 4

then make sure RF outlet power supply is ON

Save new Settings.

Check the coax cable also as if there is even a strand of outer-core touching the inner core causing a short the power will be switched off for safety.

Shouldnt really be a problem with length, ive tested an eye working on a run around 25mtrs long.

That worked nicely when I ran a "direct" coax up to Bedroom TV (i.e. running a long loose cable up the stairs just to test before drilling and making it permanent) - Cheers!

Now next thing to solve :-)...

I would ideally like to pipe the RF Output 2 back into the neaest NTL point behind TV1 in the living room and have it broadcast to all NTL points in the house (obviously going through a splitter). When I set it up that way the infra-red device doesn't seem to get any power? Where might the problem lie? Is it possible to have the infra-red device function this way?

• Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

DaDa wrote:
    I would ideally like to pipe the RF Output 2 back into the neaest NTL point behind TV1 in the living room and have it broadcast to all NTL points in the house (obviously going through a splitter). When I set it up that way the infra-red device doesn't seem to get any power? Where might the problem lie? Is it possible to have the infra-red device function this way?

You can't split the power signal like that - you'll have to use an amplifier to send the 9v to each point. Tony (boardsie) sells the splitters/amps here and it should do the trick nicely. Put the amplifier where you current splitter is; it doesn't need an external power supply and is about the size of two packs of cards.

f140.jpg

For connection do it like this:

RF2 Output -> amplifier -> other points in house, each with their own "eye" to control the original box.

Dr. Spock wrote:
    You can't split the power signal like that - you'll have to use an amplifier to send the 9v to each point. Tony (boardsie) sells the splitters/amps here and it should do the trick nicely. Put the amplifier where you current splitter is; it doesn't need an external power supply and is about the size of two packs of cards.

f140.jpg

For connection do it like this:

RF2 Output -> amplifier -> other points in house, each with their own "eye" to control the original box.

Order made... will let you know...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,332 ✭✭✭✭Tony

DaDa wrote:
    Order made... will let you know...

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

• Advertisement

All working nicely now... took a little extra time to figure out that the splitters in each of the ntl points were not letting any voltage through. By-passed them all and the 1 central SKY+ box is now controllable from any room in the house (well the 4 rooms I have TVs in) with no need to run any extra cables. Sweet.

Advertisement