Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Girls Dies, ingame memorial service bombed!?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

From reading this thread, it looks like Team A were holding a memorial service, and Team B, who were running around kicking ass, came across a couple of people, and decided to pillage them. Unless they knew there was a memorial, then its just another raid to them.

Thought thats what WoW was all about. Killing people. So you see a group of people doing nothing, and you and your mates want a fight. So what do you do? Ignore them, or fight them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Deaddude wrote:
    pardon my french but the ppl that did it are a bunch of **** {no offence inteneded}

i totally agree and people who play this game are nothing but lazy people who cant step off computer and get a god damn job.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

i totally agree and people who play this game are nothing but lazy people who cant step off computer and get a god damn job.
    Actually, many who play have jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭ai ing

I heard some 1 stabbed because this person gave one of the best swords to there m8 and they didnt get it back so went to station to see what he/she could do and they said its not a real thing so they couldnt do anything.Then the person stabbed the person that took the sword to death and is in prison.

no offence but world of warcraft should be banned

I think crazy people should be banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Taking ganking to a whole new level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I heard some 1 stabbed because this person gave one of the best swords to there m8 and they didnt get it back so went to station to see what he/she could do and they said its not a real thing so they couldnt do anything.Then the person stabbed the person that took the sword to death and is in prison.

That was a different MMO, not wow.
    I heard that a game called football incites riots, no offence, but it should be banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Why are you on this board if you dislike people that play the game? You could not be more wrong, btw. Go troll somewhere else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Fascinating.
    Forum link doesn't work and dialup stops me seeing the vids.
    It's very common for people to become emotionally attached to each other online.
    You criticise this service. Yet would it not be stranger for people who only knew the girl from the game to appear at her real funeral?
    Who are you to say that their feelings are invalid? Different people take different things from this game. Playing it to win is in no way superior to playing it to connect with people.
    I do not play the game. It is strange that people who do are so ready to laugh at and judge others who do.
    I think the service is quite sweet personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Blackly funny. The worst I've done personally was gatecrash a wedding near Thunderbluff with some friends, slaughter the guests, MC the bride and run her off a cliff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Thats funny , but if they wanted peace why not go to one of the no fighting places.

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭kwalsh000

That was a different MMO, not wow.
    I heard that a game called football incites riots, no offence, but it should be banned.

Totally agree with you there. I cant bother looking back at the name of the person who posted it but why should something be banned like WOW or the people who play it are lazy? I worked in a football facility before and i can tell u this, each game i refereed or watched had a few "****" there and got much worse than any other game in terms of violence. So if i adopt your attiude both football players and people who watch football are scumbags and shuld be locked away. As for people to "go get jobs", as was said many do have jobs, and by the sounds of it have more of a grip on reality than you. You condem people lazy for playing a game , then i say why dont you get off the computer and go excercise! But, wait, again i would be acting similar and judging people under the same banner. The simple fact is, if your not gona post something in response to the topic of the post then dont post anything. The people who did that are scumbags and shud not be given the satisfaction of laughter at their little "prank". And before it is said, yes i do play WOW and yes i do work hard and earn a living. My condolences are to that girl and her family

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Mulgore, now that would have been a nice place to have a memorial...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I'd have my ashes scattered in Blackrock Mountain ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

downloading the high res copy of it now. #

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

KdjaC wrote:
    Thats funny , but if they wanted peace why not go to one of the no fighting places.

kdjac
    Theres no place in wow really where you can be totally safe, the cities provide some safety, but as was said the opposing faction was invading the city in question.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭hairball

kinda cool eh?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

So you're blaming a game for a mentally unstable person killing someone else? Wow. Ever hear of Jack Thompson? I think ye'd get on very well together! Games don't kill people, people kill people. If he was that unstable, he shouldn't be playing games. He clearly can't seperate whats important from whats not.

Advertisement